Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: For the price of a single Harley Davidson...

The Leader of the Opposition has categorically stated that if I bring another bike home she will up & leave - tempting thought isn't it?
    But she still hasn't nutted out how mandolins breed. There...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Relatively expensive mandolins

Nice comment Man, from the heart...you read as if you have come to terms with life on the positive side, without mandolins or whatever dominating or becoming an obsession. A low key, mature attitude....
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Greg Allman

Who said that gettin' old was fun? Utter bullsh*t. Gregg has gone. Another one of my music heroes. Life is a little emptier. Gregg's work was always there, always good, always inspiring and another...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Two Master Models or One Gil?

Hey John, I have! I own a 1979 Gil and have compared it with a couple of Gibson Master models. My F5 Gilchrist is not as loud or strident as later models but has a "dark" sort of tone I really like....
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Would someone please identify this tool?

People hate bloody knowalls, but I am averse to ignorance being uncorrected. A sailmaker was (an is) called a sailmaker. A chandler...the word comes from "candle"...was (and still is) a merchant who...
  6. Re: look at the tuning gears on this mandolin, strange

G'day Mr. Hopkins,
    Assuming one is never too old to learn, although I'm gettin' bloody close, would you kindly advise me what your "ASPIC Technique" comprises? All us old Mando-accumulators have our...