Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

Caleb, good to hear from my fellow metroplex mandolin player! You've described my playing, except at this stage I could only play chords, not add the coloring you've described. I think that's fine...
  2. Replies
    Views

Skip, great idea!
  3. Replies
    Views

Dan, we probably have an average attendance of about 150. I've played 2 or 3 solos with piano accompaniment, which seemed to go over well. Several members have asked why I don't play with the...
  4. Replies
    Views

mrmando, I believe you've hit the nail on the head!

- - - Updated - - -
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Music Library for Samsung Tablet???

My own music isn't the problem. In fact, I could take only chord sheets for what I plan to play, which would be very little paper. What I like about the tablet and stand is less to carry and the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Music Library for Samsung Tablet???

I also got that once, David. PM me your email address and I'll share directly from the page I'm seeing. Maybe that will work.
  7. Re: Treating Trigger Finger - My First Cortisone Injection

Brad, looks like you've gotten lots of advice here. Just to add my 2 cents, I tried the injection once. It was painful and was not long lasting. My next 2 trigger fingers were treated with...
  8. Replies
    Views

Music Library for Samsung Tablet???

I rarely have the opportunity to play with others, but was able to play at an open jam today. There I was with my music stand and notebooks with paper copies of some stuff I can play. Everyone else...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Resources for Chord Sheets?

A teacher suggested handing out chord charts since often mandolin players can successfully watch the guitar player, but the guitar player will probably have difficulty figuring out what chords the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Resources for Chord Sheets?

I have iReal Pro but have barely used it. I'll check it out.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: SIMPLE Editing Software for PC

Actually, Don, I did mean to ask how to crop a video. I just tried the steps you mentioned and right clicking the video didn't give me an "Edit & Create" option.

I do appreciate the photo...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: SIMPLE Editing Software for PC

Don, I plan to do just that the next time I'm ready to post a video. That was a beautiful video. Thanks for sharing.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar 600 vs Eastman MD615

Congrats, Tony, on your acquisition. Never had one like yours, but love my oval hole A.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Newb's first day

Ditto to all suggestions. I, too, started in my 60s and now am 6 years in. I hope you'll pay special attention to Louise's "B." I remember those early days how I would play through the pain of tender...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD and a little story

Sheila, thanks for the update. Glad recovery is going well.

I don't have a story, other than to say every chance I get I encourage parents to introduce their children to music - and at an early...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD and a little story

Keep this story going, Sheila. Hope the healing process continues to go well.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Is It Possible to Fake It?

Not too long ago an instructor worked with me on using Pentatonic scales to improvise. I thought it wasn't too terribly difficult and, for the most part, sounded pretty cool. However, mandocrucian...
  18. Replies
    Views

Performed my first solo today and recorded it! My (#2) teacher told me at a lesson on Wednesday just to play from the pentatonic scale notes in key of A. I was elated to find it wasn't difficult and...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin in the Hospital???

Thanks for sharing that story, Steve. I believe I'll play this by ear. I used to work for an insurance sales organization. Its motto was "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not...
  20. Replies
    Views

For me only 44 years to go! Seriously, I appreciate all the comments and have concluded different approaches work for different people. I believe for me I have to be careful not to get bogged down in...
  21. Re: How to Keep a Headstock Tuner from Damaging Your Instrument

Lflngpicker, glad you see value in this thread. I've been using an app on my phone as much as I can. Still interested in one of those that attaches to the back, though. Haven't figured out how you...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Gospel Sheet Music or Chord Charts

Interesting, JL! There's no piano in this group, so it appears that's a good thing.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Sorensen Sprite!

Beautiful instrument!
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Sharing a tool I use for practice

I'll have to read "this" and "this" in my "free" time.

What you've said here, Jeff, reminds me of my husband's recent statement, something about if I played as much as I organized, I would play a...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Gospel Sheet Music or Chord Charts

That one looks good. I looked at several today, but didn't have the time to narrow them down. Too bad there aren't (are there?) books with music that matches an individual's voice range. That's a...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4