Search:

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Electric mandolin strings

Strings By Mail, Just Strings, Guitar Center/Musician's Friend. I tend to use stringsbymail.com.
  2. Replies
    Views

If you save those balls you can then put them into loop end strings when you need a ball end sting, as the OP does.
  3. Replies
    Views

Breaking the ball out of Guitar Strings, is a useful skill, to get Loop Ends
  4. Replies
    Views

Because my sets are 10 strings I use the bulk strings from JustStrings. From their tone I think they are GHS. Sold as dozens, and not coiled but in sleeves, a 10-string set costs me about $6.

I...
  5. Replies
    Views

I usually buy packs of Ernie Ball Slinky 9s and 10s and use a combination of the strings to match the Emando set as closely as possible (it's not exact, but close). I'm usually able to get 2 string...
  6. Replies
    Views

If you are looking for ball end, you can always use electric guitar singles.
  7. Replies
    Views

You also might try contacting GHS; I believe they provide the strings for Eastwood's electrics. I know the maker of my Sparrow has spec'd out a set of strings from GHS as well. That being said, ball...
  8. Replies
    Views

Emando.com, Cafe’s own Martin Stillion. NFI, but a happy customer.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

Here's some Blues. Thanks for the Listen!:mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn0kMv95FTg
  10. 1st post on the forum, here's my lovely Portuguese Bandolim

Hello guys!

After playing the uke for a couple of months, I've decided to dust off the old bandolim I had in the attic (that's been in the family for around 30 years but that I never played), put...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Roll On Buddy

It does not allways have to be bluegrass. Nicely done. Yet the song is called "Nine Pound Hammer". I just found out that the first recording is probably by Al Hopkins and His Buckle Busters (May 13,...
  12. Replies
    Views

Thanks Sue and Chuck! Here's my 1st attempt to cover anything by John Reischman. I mean, the man is a monster. I'd give most anything to be that cool behind the controls... Thanks for the Listen!!...
  13. Replies
    Views

Here's a beautiful Scottish air on the A5 Special. Thanks for the Listen!~o)~o):mandosmiley::mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyNDR45EM44
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

Maybe instead of, “In that case,” you could state, “Once I can understand your perspective, I won’t ask again.” The English major in me is thinking, “Make him tell you why it’s really a ‘no.’” Pin...
  15. Replies
    Views

Happy Birthday Doc Watson

Today is the 101st anniversary of Doc Watson's birth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNLXs_Y0FvA
  16. Replies
    Views

Sleep well !!! Thanks for the Listen! :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmYJ6Cmgqlw
  17. Replies
    Views

Thanks Guys! Here's an old English folk tune. Thanks for the Listen!~o):mandosmiley::mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA2Oa9ao1u0
  18. Replies
    Views

Once Upon a Stormy Morning

Releasing my new album on Band Camp, all instrumental Mandolin ensemble music with an emphasis on Mandocello.

Once Upon a Stormy Morning

Here is the opening track via You tube

B3am4J5_fDI
  19. Radial Tonebone PZ-Pro vs. EBS Stanley Clarke preamp pedals

I had a chance recently to compare and contrast two 2-channel acoustic preamp pedal units, the Radial Tonebone PZ-Pro and the EBS Stanley Clarke Signature Acoustic Preamp. Both are aimed at acoustic...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Roving on a Winter's Night

Nicely done. I really enjoyed it.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: playing late and drinking

That gave me a smile.
    Treating it seriously though, I'm a very light drinker, who can go for months without a beer, a shot, or a glass of wine. When I was young, an older man told me that when I go...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Bighorn SE

Last fall I bought a Bighorn, which is a great instrument. I wanted the Florida scooped and sent it to Bruce and asked that he add his logo. Worderful work. I couldn't have been happier.
  23. Replies
    Views

HI Folks! This pretty little tune was written for the accordian, and I could not figure out the the chords on the 6-string. Annd I'm probably using the wrong chords here, but.... Thanks for the...
  24. A customer playing a baroque mandolin I built

wc88GAcDsrY

I wasn't sure where to put this since it's not technically a video of me. It's also both lutherie/builder content and a video. Hopefully this is OK.

Here's some pictures of the...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Whats the name of this tune?

Again, I don't know how much you know about the blues, but I agree with Bob's comment (above). Often in blues, you don't have a "tune" (melody) so much as a chord pattern that you can improvise...
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4