Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Incoming: Emburgher-style Mandolin

Consider that the mandolin has not been played for quite a long time. Maybe some grass or graphite can help.

Regarding the strings: Fisoma strings have a light set: 009, 013, 022 and 032. As far...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Incoming: Emburgher-style Mandolin

Happy playing, Rob !
    I am happy that this beautiful and well-made instrument is going to be played, being in the hands of a musician.

The fretboard is narrow. I cannot say "more than Embergher",...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: European Makers of Neapolitan Mandolins?

Mick, i met them personally. When i am in Napoli, i always pay a visit and sit there a while. I do not owe an instrument made by them, but have good experience with repairing/restoring. Some of my...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: European Makers of Neapolitan Mandolins?

Anema e corde, in Napoli. Also on facebook.
    Nice guys, good work, not expensive, good service.
    http://anemaecorde.weebly.com/
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: La Casa del Mandolino a Napoli

Here a a reminder, the project has only 10 days to go.
    Needed is € 9000 and almost half is reached. How great would it be if in these last days the support would increase and lead to a success. Our...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: La Casa del Mandolino a Napoli

Here is a video on youtube of a big part "the dark side of the mandolin", the same that i posted, but that was a fb link, only visible by fb-members.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: dark side of the moon

Thanks, journeybear!

Hope this one will be visible for more people. In my country (Netherlands) it is blocked on copyright grounds :-(

Margriet
  8. Replies
    Views

La Casa del Mandolino a Napoli

Hometown Naples hopes to get a "casa", a home for the mandolin.

Recently a group of mandolin passionates of the Accademia Mandolinistica Napoletana, lead by Mauro Squillante, found such a place...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: dark side of the moon

Mauro Squillante ( mandolinist, here on mandocello) offers this, especially for mandolincafe-members, because of your enthusiasm :):mandosmiley::

If you donate to the crowdfunding project of "La...
  10. Re: Het CONSORT celebrates its 25 years of existence with 2 conce

Congratulations: composers, performers. A most enjoyable concert !
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Concerts of Note

Yesterday, 8 June, we had a nice concert in Rome, Italy. It was the last of 5 weekends of the Early Mandolin Academy, organized by Mauro Squillante, Davide Rebuffa and Andrea Damiani, in cooperation...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Carillon Variations

promise is a promise.

When receiving the Embergher 5bis that Hendrik van den Broek made for me, I promised you to show how it can sound.

Here is a recording that I made, because I love this...
  13. Replies
    Views

Thank you, Attika, Victor!

It is great, i enjoyed it a lot and wished I was there. Looking forward to hearing you a next time !

Margriet
  14. Replies
    Views

The people here loved both your pieces, Victor! They were listening very quietly. We are not far from Groningen and the market place De Grote Markt in the center of the town is well-known. A man was...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Bowl back case

Carlo Mazzaccara (Modena) recommended me once. He has contact with the maker.

I have two of such Rockbags, already for years. I like them, they are very thick.

Margriet
  16. Replies
    Views

Here it is, after an evening rehearsal in a wonderful ambiance. Such friendship there is in this ATTIKA orchestra !

I am happy to be among them, this a week !

Margriet
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: A most amazing decade

Yes! Of course !
    The performers give your compositions hands and feet, moving, a life.

In my situation I can look gracefully to my Dutch teachers and friends, Alex Timmerman and Sebastiaan de...
  18. Replies
    Views

pieces to practice, etudes

When you practice, you play a piece hundreds, maybe thousands times. Which ones are still nice, time after time ?

I enjoy the pieces that Alison Stephens made and edited. Every piece has a certain...
  19. Replies
    Views

Greek mandolin music

to come into the "Greek mood", because of a planned journey in Athens - on classical mandolin - I was orientating. A Dutch musician and lover of Greek music recommended me a Greek mandolin player,...