Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Concerts of Note

Ah, if only I could fly over like a bird... :) What was the line from that poem, "Ik zou een vogel willen zijn..."?

Warm regards to all my dear, dear friends who will attend. I will be with you...
  2. Re: Video - Oswald and new Embergher-style mandolin

I can vouch for the lovely sound - Rob was playing very near to me at EMGO last night; a great mandolin. I can see why you found it difficult to let it go!
  3. Video - Oswald and new Embergher-style mandolin

As you will see, my mandolin playing has a long way to go. But here's a start. One of the 12 Divertimenti from John Goodin's Mel Bay publication:

https://youtu.be/JcFy1ICbRNo
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: La Casa del Mandolino a Napoli

Margriet,
    The dark side of the mandolin was fun. Thanks for posting.
    Bill
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: dark side of the moon

The link in the OP didn't work for me until I logged in to FB. But here's the video from youtube:

dP1KRvE6tYU
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: dark side of the moon

i haven't looked forward to the release of a cd in a long time ...
  7. Replies
    Views

dark side of the moon

not sure this should be posted here and i don't know how to post it to the cafe site on facebook but it's fabulous!

https://www.facebook.com/fausto.mesolella/videos/901371663303995/
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: hans ott - copy of instrument made in 1450

That's one amazing instrument - all from one block of wood too - here are the videos without facebook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_18qReD5MZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4csYgR39SR8
  9. Re: Het CONSORT celebrates its 25 years of existence with 2 conce

You will be sorely missed, John— most of all by myself, as I had so fondly wished to finally meet you in person, albeit abroad. But life of course takes its own turns and we must accept what we...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Balkan flavors

OK, friends: the score has been sent off to all my mando-contacts around the world; the young bird has spread its wings and taken to the sky...

I also reference the website where, courtesy of...
  11. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Hi Everyone and Happy Holidays. I am still working on adding more titles--probably after the holidays. During this period, I became aware that quite a few of my original Drop Box links had become...
  12. 'Antwerp Harbor' by Victor Kioulaphides for harp and mandolin

Hi All,

Here is a nice video of the Duo Stringendo: Annegreet Rouw and Ferdiand Binnendijk. Here they play a composition by our 'own' Victor Kioulaphides. It is titled 'Antwerp Harbor' and a work...
  13. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Here is a link to a single file with only the 11 new Cardilli tunes referenced in sheri's last post

14. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Hope y'all have started a wonderful holiday season! here's what's the status of the Drop Box folders.
    Mandolin
    602 titles
    Accordion (suitable for Mando)
    78 titles
    Neapolitan canzone (Mando...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Accordion-Mandolin Italian sheet music

This is great to hear positive early returns. Well, and it may take til Christmas for this scanning project...I want to have enough of an upload to make it worth everyone's time and effort. I tell...
  16. Replies
    Views

Accordion-Mandolin Italian sheet music

I'm just putting a question out there to test the waters. As some of you know, I'm a Mandolin-loving Sicilian girl, raised in California, and I've done as much as any one person can do to promote and...
  17. Replies
    Views

Rococo Simplice by A D Boden

Simple mandolin Duet in G major.

it is written so that the 'tune' swaps between the two mandolins for variety

https://soundcloud.com/andabouk/rococo-simplice-by-a-d-boden

Score and parts...
  18. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

The music for the misc files posted by Sheri on Oct 1, and the Neopolitan Canzone, are compiled into single documents and available at the following dropbox links

Neopolitan Canzone...
  19. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Get ready, set, pluck! I'll be starting a new topic with a brand new batch of Neapolitan songs for mandolin. These new titles distinguish themselves from the ballo liscio dance tradition and deserve...
  20. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

The one I heard in the Soundcloud is: Bersaglieri, that march is already in my MM book. It was a handwritten score done by someone not literate in Italian. so the spelling was Basaglieri. ...
  21. Replies
    Views

My Mandolin Music

I'm posting this here because I would expect my efforts to be most suitable for the classically-biased players.

I have now put the music which I have written for mandolins (solo, duo, trio,...
  22. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Here's the mandola part.
  23. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

124500I found the guitar part and also a mandola part arranged by A Nigrelli in1999
  24. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Oh dear! it may be due to consolidation. I apologize for the inconvenience.
    I'm posting links here for the MISCELLANEOUS folder. This is a collection of lesser known publishers and predecessors to...
  25. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Sheri, This link from from the 9/28 post appears to be dead

"I've added 11 new titles to the MISCELLANEOUS folder; some are from the early 1890s....
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4