Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: How high do you go

I don't often go above the 15th-17th fret but I'm sure there's a contemporary classical composer who's laughing as he notates out the high E on the 24th fret.
    -Ross
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Does my mandolin sound cheap???

Sounds like years of experience, if you don't get the sound you want then I'd advise you to just take an in depth study of what you are doing with your right hand and work on getting the sound you...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Three string chords - good and bad?

I personally recommend knowing both three and four string chords, I find myself reaching for both, depending on the situation and the particular sound that I want to make, some shapes are in...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Way to Practice Moveable Chords???

Personally if y'all want to get to grips with chords and the more out there keys, I advise just playing chords along to songs in those keys, it's how I learned at the very least, I hope that helps...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Stringing question, new to octave

Hi,
    In my own opinion (not being an octave player, but playing mandolin and having a lot of experience working on guitars) I’d say you want a slightly heavier gauge on there ... either that or the...
  6. Re: Negative Melodies, automatic transposition in ABC?

Hi

I can’t help you with the negative melody especially the .ABC files.
    However with exotic keys, what do you mean? If it’s ‘transposing’ from a regular modal key into a less common key like...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: What does a mando set-up cost in your area?

Depends what I want done.
    Basic setup is £50 ($60-$80 depending on exchange rates at the time I’m not familiar with the dollar so my exchange rate could be waaay out.)
    If I want more done like a...