Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: If you could only own one mandolin, which one would you keep?

This one here, it's the only one I've had for a few years now, Stanley #63.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: New Stanley A Style Build

Here's some finish pics-
  3. Replies
    Views

Good point, I missed that.

I just got an email from Chris that he's nearly done polishing. It'll need to cure a few weeks but I asked for some more pics, I have no idea how it looks.
  4. Replies
    Views

Besides both being A's in the white I see no resemblance.
  5. Replies
    Views

Here she is in the white-
  6. Replies
    Views

The carving is slightly different on this one. It'll be very cool to see how it sounds. I'm confident it will sound great, that's why I chose to stay with Chris.
  7. Replies
    Views

It's a pretty strange phenomenon, total mandolin satisfaction.
  8. Replies
    Views

New Stanley A Style Build

This past Spring I finally found 'The One', it's Stanley #63. Since finding true love I've sold off everything I owned. At some point I decided having a second mandolin would be a good idea so I...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Don't be a bunch of I-TOLD-YOU-SOs!!! :-)

Consider the 815 a snack mandolin, like you know, you're waiting for your entree and couldn't get by without an appetizer.
  10. Re: best mandolin for blues/swing/old time stringband music?

Old Wave (Bill Bussman) makes about the best oval A and his pricing fits your budget. I'd stay oval for what you're playing.
  11. Thread: 45 Minutes

by pjlama
    Replies
    Views

Re: 45 Minutes

Great story, thanks for sharing. Music is the eggs in my life's recipe.

PS eggs are a binding agent.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Which back would you choose?

Too, hard a choice. I like the one on the right for its understated nature but that marbling effect on the left is insane. Which ever one will have a warm vintage vibe once he finishes it.
  13. Thread: Souldier straps

by pjlama
    Replies
    Views

Re: Souldier straps

So everybody here puts their mando in the case with the strap fully intact? I don't, I'm a lot more concerned about laying a strap over the mando while in the case to rub all over the top than...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: The passion you forum posters have

Yes, this a great forum. I think there are very good members/contributors and it's well moderated, the content is clean and overall vibe is quite positive. All those points help to make the Cafe a...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

I keep trying to find reasons not to buy a Sprite, that design just kills. I hate this thread, way too much eye candy.
  16. Re: Children in Bluegrass - How young should they start learning?

I have four young sons and let them play my stuff supervised. We have a drum kit they love to play, piano, etc. We do have a cheaper guitar and bass and whatnot that they can use whenever they wish....
  17. Re: Jam Busting Joe Val bluegrass festival with a Clarinet

Way too funny, I can't believe nobody killed you.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Video Review Stanley V5 #63

I intended to add pictures of the mandolin but hadn't gotten around to it so here's some ok iPhone shots. I just love this thing, it's everything I wanted or need in a mandolin. Thanks for indulging...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

Too much fun stuff just on this page, beautiful quilt Lauri, two thumbs up to BB on the OWGSOM ;) and Steve, the Sprite is one of the best new designs in a long time. You guys rock!
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: What's up with the classifieds?

I think there's probably some people who are lucky to turn the computer on let alone upload a picture, I agree, pics really help but we're probably not dealing with a highly technical demographic...
  21. Thread: Groupings

by pjlama
    Replies
    Views

Re: Groupings

Nice wall ;)
  22. Replies
    Views

Stanley Compared To Heiden;
    Ok, I'm getting a little self conscious here, I think my breathing is louder than the mandolins. Despite me being a dork, breathing hard and not playing my best it gets...
  23. Replies
    Views

Robert asked for long notes to get a better feel for the Stanley V5, well here they are.

http://youtu.be/7jI4lroO6iI
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone ever make a 335-shaped mandolin?

[QUOTE=Max Girouard;1068793]I was just messing with my plans for my jazz box and decided to do a quick sketch of what a 335 styled mando would look like. Let me know what you think on both plans. I...
  25. Replies
    Views

Video Review Stanley V5 #63

Here's my attempt at video review. It was late so I hope it's coherent in all areas but I really like this mandolin and wanted share it with you guys, I hope you enjoy it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2