Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Wait . . . banjo players have a forum? You mean, like, reading, or is it just pictures?
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Stolen - Weber Fern A-style - Oakland, CA

Good news I got word from my insurance they will cover the full value of replacements for stolen items (minus small deductible) and I installed an alarm system at my house!

I'm still checking...
  3. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

There’s no counterfeiting going on here.
  4. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Regarding the Dean headstock, they look exactly alike if you're a total moron and on mind altering drugs.
  5. Re: Stolen - Weber Fern A-style - Oakland, CA

If you post this in the Classifieds under the Lost/Stolen category it'll get 100 times the viewers. We've set up some special tools to disperse those notices specifically more widely across the site...
  6. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

I was honored to get the Charlie D. flowerpot cease and desist email long ago, never heard back about the redesigned FUHJ Arizona pipestone flowerpot or the disturbed master scrollectomy model. Just...
  7. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Not sure that is a defend-able statement? I was just posting how while visiting Nashville I was expecting a plethora of county and bluegrass acoustic acts, what I found was the opposite, most live...
  8. Re: Joining the Girouard club - commissioned a build!

Max posted pics on Facebook, pretty sure this is mine.

9. Thread: Watson's Blues

by TEvans
    Replies
    Views

Watson's Blues

Was having a little bit of fun with my buddy's Waterloo, decided to record a little take through this tune on a zoom mobile recorder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOlczyDoQJ8&feature=youtu.be
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: D'Addario - Seeking Mandolin Beta Testers

I'm so sorry that not being included seems to have hurt so many feelings. But, a thousand sets would not have satisfied the interest shown by members of the cafe!
    This is a strong willed bunch of...
  11. Replies
    Views

Chris Thile - Miss Manhattan

I don't expect many to agree with me when I say that this is wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBVwwWJ1uI
  12. Thread: Gilchrist & Gruhn

by danb
    Replies
    Views

Re: Gilchrist & Gruhn

I got in touch with Steve about it.. here's what he had to say:
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: The Mandolin Store

Speaking as a business owner that spends over $10K on postage a year, the problem of understanding isn't from The Mandolin Store, it's your own expectations. Businesses have the right and duty to...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: New Gig: Restaurant Mandolinist

OK Guys!

Quick report before I finish my lasagna:

Went over quite well, the hostess said she got a lot of compliments about the music, I did songs suggested here (I'll give specifics later) and...
  15. Re: Breedlove production moving to China -- Will Weber be next?

Hey fellow mandolin warriors. To put fears to rest. There are no intensions of ever moving any part of Weber to China. We will remain a domestically built family of instruments.
  16. Replies
    Views

New P-Bro Video "Sleek White Baby"

Well this just happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb9din5BxwI&feature=youtu.be
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone else want one of these?

Correct, they are seldom seen.
  18. Thread: Take on Me

by mandoguitar
    Replies
    Views

Take on Me

A cult song of the 80's, brought to success by the Norwegian band a-ha, in my arrangement for classical guitar. http://www.chitarrarte.it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_62h1Onq2s
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Taking Bluegrass to Burning Man

Nudegrass, of course.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Does style "bias" go in both directions?

Well, you tend to see more A-model, oval-hole mandolins at old-timey and Celtic jams, but F-models aren't unwelcome. David has a good comment; we mandolinists worry a lot more about getting the...
  21. Re: Anyone who doesn't believe that instruments open up from play

To my ear, my mandolin sounds different every time I play it. The temperature is warmer, the temperature is colder, the barometric pressure is greater or less, the strings are new, the strings are...
  22. Re: Anyone who doesn't believe that instruments open up from play

And there you have it. Indisputable fact.
    I wish I could be so certain about anything in life.

Edit to say, perhaps I shouldn't be so "snarky", but this is just one more anecdote. That's just not...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Humidity or lack there of

I grew up in Montana and you could not pay be enough to live in Florida. There are different perspectives. Southern Idaho has a fairly mild climate, the further north will have real winters. I live...
  24. VIDEO: Joe Walsh, Grant Gordy & Ian Hutchison - Russian Lullaby

Here's a clip of Joe Walsh (mandolin, vocals,) Grant Gordy (guitar) & Ian Hutchison (bass) performing Irving Berlin's "Russian Lullaby" (via David Grisman & Jerry Garcia) live in our studios. Enjoy!...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris takes a shot at Henry - No mando content

I'll bet thats one of the best 2000 dollar guitars you can buy for 5300 dollars.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4