Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Are you ready for a new Carbon/Kevlar Sorensen mandolin?

After owning and playing a Sorensen VX for an extended period, and after an lengthy exchange with Steve (the man has the patience of a saint), I bit the bullet and ordered one of these.. Burgundy. ...
  2. Replies
    Views

Sorensen Carbon Kevlar Sprite

71 years old and 50 years of playing mando.. have owned about 15 through the years and have played at least a hundred..probably more. Blessed to still be busy with gigs. Decided to bite the bullet...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I bother?..

I am 71. I bought an incredible Newson F when I was 64.. an amazing instrument that I use on stage and in many ensembles.. Why?. .. It inspired me and I am a better player for owning it. Last year...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: South Florida Mandolin teacher

What genre and skill level are you looking for? You might try calling the AMP Shop Music Parlor in West Palm Beach for recommendations and resources.
  5. Replies
    Views

Rubner tuning machines

Well... It took over two years, but the replacement set of F style worm under tuners I have been waiting for from Rubner finally arrived. Every time I was informed they were "on the way", some kind...
  6. Thread: Sorensen VX

by surfnpikr
    Replies
    Views

Re: Sorensen VX

The first VX I owned was previously owned by Darren Nicholson. It can be viewed and heard here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao21VY550_4

I do not yet have a sound clip for the one I just...
  7. Thread: Sorensen VX

by surfnpikr
    Replies
    Views

Sorensen VX

Just received my second Sorensen VX yesterday. My first was/is an open, loud and focused, "knock the audience out of their chairs" bluegrass monster. A delight to look at and play. Originally...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: George Gruhn sure likes newson mandolins

Follow up.. Three years later:
    I have now owned this Newson F5 for exactly three years. It has seen much stage time being played for genres ranging from Orchestral, to Bluegrass, Country, Gospel...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: George Gruhn sure likes newson mandolins

So... Here's the follow up on the Newson Mandolin I ordered from Gruhn's: I found that the instrument was accurately represented by Mr. Gruhn.. both by the pictures posted on his website and his...