Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Effortless Mastery - Tips for Playing in the Zone

My library has a huge list these how to zen practice or build spiritual connection to your instrument books (3 separate library systems, actually). Books by Green/Gallwey (Inner Game of Music),...
  2. Re: Anyone know where I can get resin picks? (EML Picks)

https://www.timber-tones.com/resin-tones-329-c.asp

Never tried one but i've ordered other materials (horn, bone) from them, they're good picks
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Consignment Advice

I've had good experiences with Elderly and Dusty strings, certainly they both sold (about 5-6 banjos and mandolins total) for far more than I could have gotten. Elderly used to charge 15% for higher...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: guitar returned after 45 years

another one: Bill Frisell wanted this one back for 37 years, he moved to Seattle, the guitar went on sale in Seattle...

https://www.justgreatguitars.com/bill-frisell-1968-es-175-reunited/
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Seattle Jams and Meetups

There used to be a few BG and oldtimey things listed in meetup.com before pandemic, but just ask at Dusty. That neighborhood, is guitar store central, Amer. Music up the road, Mike and Mike's guitar...
  6. Re: New year goals - advice for getting better at practice

Here's some recent threads, you could do all kinds of stuff. Record yourself, commit to playing out/jam with someboyd, busk etc. I've been learning lap steel in tunings for which there are no books...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Good pick for starters

There were 2 samplers, I think this is the last thread https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/117767-The-Traveling-Pick-Sampler-Anyone-Interested/page36

Anyways, a nice Ultex, primetone,...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Speaker size for 4-string emando amplifier

There's lots of good little amps in your price bracket Roland/Boss Cubes and katanas, blackstar core, Fender Mustang. Also used ones: DV Mark, Yamaha THR or ZT Lunchbox, you shd try as many as you...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Cashdollar video from a few weeks ago

this is a great vid, she started on lapsteels from Dobro because playing with Levon Helm and another drummer, she needed a little more volume!

https://youtu.be/cQvvMePMCqs?t=3610
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Cashdollar video from a few weeks ago

Resohangout is the only steel forum that features vids that i can think of. Maybe this one tho the first steel shown is conventional tuned E13 on front, c6 on back neck
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Tips for chording with a hard(ish) pick?

are yo u holding it the way Sierra Hull, Thile and Mike Marshall show in their youtube vids? It's pretty rotate-proof. You could also try cork or textured rubber strips on your pick, cut them up,...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Today's favorite stomp box...

Daniel: thx for info. I'll keep watching Guitar center's used listings, where i get most of my pedals and they do no hassle returns, you just won't get your shipping cost refunded.

There's a...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Today's favorite stomp box...

Did somebody say stomp box? Do we talk about those on the cafe?

I have a few, nothing too impressive, but have been eyeing those Origin slide rigs, how do you like it?
  14. Thread: mildew in case

by gtani7
    Replies
    Views

Re: mildew in case

There were threads on various forum about ozone treatment of cases and instruments that have mold/mildew, bowhair bugs etc (note that it's corrosive to metals)...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Clown Barf Construction

Can't say what they're made of (that Will Hoover book that Mike Edgerton references is excellent if anybody's into collecting BTW) but i've cut/reshaped/buffed a lot of CB thumbpicks, I always need...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: ky km 1000 tuners

in the past I've gotten replacement buttons from Bob Smakula, smakula.com. You need to measure the shaft and describe what you're looking for.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Picks....a different angle.

I can't tell if the Traveling pick sampler is currently circulating but here's an inventory of it, I recommend Wegens, Gravity gold and 3 Dunlops: Jazztone, Primetone, Ultex
  18. Thread: MandoScales

by gtani7
    Replies
    Views

Re: MandoScales

Thanks for posting and congrats on retirement.

I didn't know about your site, the keyboard fingerbpoard is quite interesting! https://mandoscales.com/theory/
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Trip To Dusty Strings Today

I remember that tenor, last week i walked up the steps then noticed it was not there anymore. I don't remember the Big Muddy but I'm sure I've played it.

also if anybody's road tripping for...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar 600 vs Eastman MD615

Big Congrats that's always a good day. Don't have a flat top but enjoy playing them (have to watch string gauges tho...

possible to own several different mandolins.

What? ...
  21. Thread: Rockygrass 2021

by gtani7
    Replies
    Views

Re: Rockygrass 2021

Thanks for that, I should've live streamed but there's at least a few good vids, camera shot from the stage or in front like this, 1 1/2 hours of TR tribute:...
  22. Re: Extract vocal and instrumental tracks from any audio

There's a few software packages that claim they can do similar things, if you google "source separation" or "isolates track"
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Mando quality vs year

I think the vast majority, like 99+% had good/excellent build quality.

I had a 505 and 605 from 2006 and 2010, they had the characteristic bright tone which i compensated with monel or silk/steel...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Trading instruments in the classified

Yes, phone call is a really good misunderstanding avoider, skype calls work pretty well if you have decent microphone plugged into interface into computer
  25. Thread: Pick shootout

by gtani7
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pick shootout

look up the traveling samplers, 2 of them, I think they're traveling again, or will be soon

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/152883-Pick-Samplers-Still-Circulating
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4