Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

This is me with my fiddling friend Sarah Huntington playing two versions of Coleman's March on YouTube. The two versions harmonize perfectly. Enjoy!
  2. Re: How to set a time limit on the drum machine?

Thanks, John, for telling me about Band in a Box. It costs nearly $100 and I don't want to spend all that money for my YouTube project. If I have to get a second person to turn off Musicca drum...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Lucy, you are a HOT PLAYER. Really nice videos on YouTube.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: What's the best way to dust my fretboard?

Thanks, Eric F. That's a great blues. But I still don't know how to dust my 2 inch paint brush.
  5. Re: How do I put 2 recordings from Windows Media Player to YouTub

Thanks, journeybear. You are so helpful and kind. What a wonderful person you must be. I hope you are happy. I like it that you are a professional dreamer. I'll check out your instructions...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Red Lodge Reel sought

Thanks, Ranald and Bren, for writing back. According to Brian Oberlin, the mandolinist and leader of the Michigan Mandolin Orchestra, it was a reel first, and then arranged for orchestra. There are...
  7. Replies
    Views

Red Lodge Reel sought

I heard a beautiful rendition of this fiddle tune played by the Michigan Mandolin Orchestra. But I can't find a fiddle or mandolin version of it. Seems it's been taken over by orchestras. Anyone...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Blake's March -musical notation

Cool! A great tune for a yankee1! We support the Constitution!
  9. Re: Is there a simple drum machine that can be operated with the

Hi BoxCarJoe. Thanks so much for the longer drum set. I'm excited to try to fit this together with Consitution March and put it into YouTube. I'll give you credit for the drums.

Stringalong
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: What's your new fiddle tune?

My new fiddle tune is Cora Dye. I found the notation from Gary Harrison -- Fiddle -- Indian Creek Delta Boys. Another good one is Baby Ben (James Bryan, fiddle) Both of these tunes are fairly...
  11. Re: Book/s on how to improvise on Old Time tunes???

Gibcaster000, thanks for another book suggestion. I listened to the variations for Take Me Back To Tulsa and find Tuttle's variations are more in the swing style than the McGann variations are. For...
  12. Re: Do you know of an easy, safe program to convert wav files to

Thank you all for replying. Turns out I already have Audacity. But File/Export audio is greyed out. What can I do about that?

Stringalong
  13. Re: Book/s on how to improvise on Old Time tunes???

Hello, wormpicker. Your ideas are so interesting, and I know they really work. I, too, tend to play a skeletal/outline version of many tunes, and enjoy adding a few notes here and there at a time. ...
  14. Re: Book/s on how to improvise on Old Time tunes???

Wow! So many replies and viewpoints, I can't answer each one individually.

Ranald wrote: "There are no easy answers to how one handles this, but, be warned, if your improvisation gets complex,...
  15. Re: Need suggestions: the diffrecne betw old time jam and song ci

Dear David, that is definitely in my future. I want to start a band at my apartment after New Years. I have to put it off till then due to some construction that will be happening inside my...
  16. Re: Relearning to Read Music - a tale of Anxst

Try playing the Giga along with a slow YouTube, while reading along with the notation. You can do a Loop on YouTube using the Right mouse click, and also slow it down to 75% or 50% using the Gear...
  17. Re: My avatar disappeared -- how do I get it back?

Thanks Mike, Scott, and EVERYONE for tackling the problem of my missing -- and re-found -- avatar! Okay, everybody, let's get back to practicing our mandolins! Here we go!!!! I'm finishing up...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mandolin music being forgotten ???

Italian mandolin lovers are in luck! Brian Oberlin, my teacher and consummate virtuoso, has worked up maybe 15+ Italian pieces. You can buy the album here: ...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: What was under YOUR tree this Christmas?

What's under my tree this Christmas will stay there till next weekend!!!! We got snowed/iced out so my boyfriend and I can't get out of the house! I'm alone in my apartment doing some practicing...
  20. Looking for solo mandolin album of Old Time Appalachian fid.tunes

I play Old Time fiddle tunes on the mandolin. I'd like to know of any solo mandolin CDs or MP3s of fiddle tunes played on solo mandolin -- no vocals, no band. There are individual tunes on YouTube,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Could Bill Monroe Read Music??

Irving Berlin couldn't read music, either,nor could Harpo Marx. Paul McCartney can't. Here's an interesting article about Irving Berlin, whom you may know composed countless hits including White...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Pentatonic scales over which major scales?

I think a gerund is a "verbal noun." I'll look it up. Such as "tabling." Well, it looks like I'm right, but there are two opposite interpretatios in the wheb. Merriam webster agrees with me (or I...
  23. Replies
    Views

Duh....I was starting the look up the meaning of gerund...then I got your point...
  24. Replies
    Views

Hello, David, you wrote: "In your initial exploration Stick to diatonics. So Maj, min, min, maj, maj, min, dim (though in this case minor will work with judicious fingering) "

I do know what...
  25. Replies
    Views

Thanks to ALL OF YOU!!! for your fine discussion! Very helpful, and I will cc/save all of your comments. One thing I want to say is about "using your ear and if it sounds good." Personally, ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2