Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Women with Mandolins

My daughter, Brianna, receiving her graduation present. A custom Phoenix Neoclassical.

2. Replies
    Views

Re: Does style "bias" go in both directions?

This is strange: the way you're holding them side by side makes the F suddenly look pretentious, like a perfectly elegant shape ruined with unneccessary ulcerous bling. :whistling:
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: I made a horrible mistake.....

Mandolins get you through times of no money much better than money gets you through times of no mandolin.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: My new Trillium Octave

Okay, here's a video clip, with mistakes and everything! This instrument really is wonderful. Someday I hope to do it justice... :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqXUwsS0Ejk
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: One tip that changed everything

On one of my very first paying gigs, an old timer told me, "NEVER put your beer on top of your amp, always put it on top of somebody else's amp." Very smart advice.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Why I Don't Listen To Country Music.

This is the country music that works for me. Music is great. There's a lid for every pot.

v6J-SBfMP5A
  7. Re: D'Addario Releases Mandolin String Set Inspired by Chris Thil

Just got the green light from my contact Don at D'Addario. We're going to hold a giveaway linked from the Cafe home page starting Christmas Eve and we'll select five winners one week later on New...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Ledbetter Mandolin Bridges!

As owner and administrator of this site not only I can see this but any one of our moderators can also see that you and the individual in the opening post are one and the same. In addition, I went a...
  9. Re: D'Addario EXP74CM "Chris Thile Gauges" Now Available

They have them listed at Strings And Beyond. You have to go to the EXP mandolin strings page and choose EXP74CM in the drop-down menu for "gauge". The price per set is cheaper than buying straight...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and I will email you a copy for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

Rob