Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: bluegrass/old time murder ballads

Oh, and we can't go over 4 pages without mentioning Bluegrass covers of "Hey Joe" (unless I missed it).

Jerry Douglas did the first cover that stuck in my head, on his old "Slide Rule" recording....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Weight Relief for TONE GUARD

While I can appreciate the OP's hack/improvement mentality as that's what led me to make the Tone-Gard(not the Tone Guard which is a metal pick guard for Strat's) there is a world of difference...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Transposing Music for the Mandolin....

chords are chords there is no transposition. Now they may show a chord fingering for a guitar but the name of the chord is what you are interested in. A little chord theory helps so chords are...
  4. Thread: Thile lesson

by Chris W.
    Replies
    Views

Thile lesson

http://youtu.be/IdhVC0DzfFY
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: "Dark" old-time tunes?

Yep, involving Sonny Bono.
  6. Re: Has your playing ever improved with less practice?

I think that short breaks in practice -- I mean a few days, not a "season" -- can help our muscles and motor skills rest and recover, and our brains to allow things to gel and set in, so the next...
  7. Replies
    Views

Dangerous Mandolin / Guitar floor stand

This is a tubular guitar stand bought some years ago at Guitar Center. I've placed a number of guitars, mandolin, banjos, in it with no problem until yesterday, when it did this to the neck of my...
  8. Re: Why do you think Bluegrass is spreading worldwide?

Why is any music "spreading worldwide?" Jazz, rock'n'roll, salsa, reggae, blues, Italian opera, hip-hop, klezmer, Irish fiddling, Balkan choral singing, Alpine yodeling, whatever?

A: it's good,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Why do you think Bluegrass is spreading worldwide?

Because its a weed ?

Average age of the population has grown older with more disposable income and time. You can tell the average age of this forum from the posts and threads (check out the...