Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Willie Nelson with Marty Stuart on emando

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOptU-3N_Sg

Solo at 1:10
  2. Caterina Lichtenberg and Mike Marshall live Lakeland Fl. 2/16/24

The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Lakeland presents Mandolin Duo, Caterina Lichtenberg and Mike Marshall on Friday, February 16, 2024 at 7pm, 3140 Troy Ave. in Lakeland.
    This unique...
  3. New video from Artistworks featuring Sierra Hull

Enjoy. All a part of this module on the Artistworks site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lroFifkKu0&t=7s
  4. Our trip to Weber Mandolins and interview Ryan Fish

We recently made a trip to Bend, OR and visited with Ryan Fish the new owner and builder of Weber Mandolins to get an update on the brand. I can't wait to get our first mandolin in this newest...
  5. introducing "The Mandolin Girl"........One Horse Town....

so, i was looking on YT for some Blackberry Smoke videos to decompress(i really like the band and have for a decade), this popped up, have no idea who she is, but its neat to see young folks getting...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: The new Nickel Creek Album

I'm disappointed overall too, but it took a lot of listening to A Dotted Line before I grew to like it. Right away it immediately reminds me of all the reasons I stopped listening to Thile's solo...
  7. mando concert in Alabama.....Avi Avital with orchestra

January 21 @ 7:30 pm - January 22 @ 2:30 pm
    Symphonic Innovations
    Mobile Symphony Orchestra 257 Dauphin St., Mobile, AL
    We co-commissioned Jennifer Higdon's Mandolin Concerto, together with the...
  8. Replies
    Views

Sierra playing a Goldtone mandocello

Well you may have seen me attempt to play on a Goldtone mandocello, here is the real deal.

nR_VjBJOP4A
  9. Thread: RIP Arthur Stern

by Dawg
    Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Arthur Stern

I was deeply saddened and shocked to receive this news. Arthur was a brilliant artist and a true friend for over 40 years. His studio/home in Oakland was our playroom and hangout in the early days of...
  10. Thread: Rockygrass 2021

by gtani7
    Replies
    Views

Re: Rockygrass 2021

Thanks for that, I should've live streamed but there's at least a few good vids, camera shot from the stage or in front like this, 1 1/2 hours of TR tribute:...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Beginner Lessons philosophy/discussion

Some comments on your beginner lessons philosophy. A less tactical and more strategic answer.

I would definitely try too hard. Just head down and go after it.

I think most people start with...
  12. Replies
    Views

Short Interview with Thile this Week

Always a pleasure to chat with Thile. Click HERE for the audio which has a bit of music in the mix.

We talked a bit about the upcoming solo album, Laysongs, and a bit about the past...
  13. Chris Thile, Bela Fleck and Julian Lage - Telluride 2009

Hi, just found a video of Chris Thile, Bela Fleck and Julian Lage from Telluride 2009 in my archive a few days ago. The concert took place at a small stage. We set on a grass maybe three metres in...
  14. John Monteleone "The Chisels Are Calling" movie trailer

Some of our mando greats are featured:

http://streetsingerproductions.com/the-chisels-are-calling/
  15. New Chris Thile solo recording coming in June - Laysongs

Chris has a new album he just announced on Instagram and elsewhere.

p/CNXxhS1p7JA
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: octave on valium?

I can now clear this up definitively, I think. I just talked to Bruce Weber in person this week.

Background: My wife and I just got our second Covid vaccinations, and with the idea of "Road Trip"...
  17. The Red Wing (K. Mills) by Jefferson Louvat and co

Don't know if this is posted yet (couldn't find it), but here's a fine international collaboration between some great European mandolin players. Almost all of them featured at Mandolin Mondays, so...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Hector the Hero. Low G MK whistle, Trillium mandola, Bass.

https://youtu.be/_PrFQQjkmL0
  19. Replies
    Views

Gibson-Prewar

If you haven't seen this site it's worthwhile to take a trip over to it. I was looking for some original pricing information this morning and this popped up. It's a nice resource.
  20. Replies
    Views

New Vintage playing Big Mon

Here's an Acapella collaboration on Big Mon.

raBsCcVPgGA
  21. Replies
    Views

Interview with Tom Rozum

Thought people may enjoy this. What a player.

https://bluegrasstoday.com/california-report-tom-rozum-laurie-lewis-right-hand-man/
  22. Re: Transcriptions for Butch Baldassari's "Travellers" Album?

Count me in as another who would put Travellers on their list of all time favorite albums. I know there is/was a Reischman version of Como Llora Una Estrella on MandoZine. I actually learned it for a...
  23. Re: Transcriptions for Butch Baldassari's "Travellers" Album?

Hi Jake,
    I went through my .tef files and found whatever I could that came off the Traveler's album. Some of the tunes are almost exact transcriptions, such as El Grillo, Birdland Bounce, Chief...
  24. Re: Transcriptions for Butch Baldassari's "Travellers" Album?

I think some of the tunes are in his other books. But they’re not necessarily transcriptions from Travellers.
  25. Re: Transcriptions for Butch Baldassari's "Travellers" Album?

Sorry I cant help btu I agree about the album, Theur treatment of 'Waltz in the bluegrass' is totally brilliant with guitar sounded tremendous. One of my favourite all time mandolin recordings.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3