Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Can't seem to get a grip on my pick, it's always wandering of

I've found that pick slip is more about the amount of pick hitting the string and the angle of the pick. I would make sure that the pick is just dancing over the tops of the strings - many of my...
  2. Re: What's the weirdest MUSICAL thing you've ever done?

I regularly use my telecaster as a tunable reverb unit using a bone conduction transducer system of my own design. Sounds great with cello.

3. Replies
    Views

Re: MXL990 setup question

Using a single condenser in a live setting, particularly a live outdoor setting, is going to depend heavily on the soundguy. If there's any way for your band to regular practice with a PA and the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: If you hadn't been a musician...

@zedmando: I'm in agreement with that closing quote (creative, clever, adaptable, resourceful). I've never had a non-musical day job and not I'm famous, but I've been successful at continuing to make...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: How to win the Volume Battle

This is a great list! I frequently play in unplugged situations and another point that improved my band is for everyone to have the next tune ready to go right away (no fumbling, riffing, etc.). Song...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: ...and I am still in the hunt!!!

Congratulations, they're great instruments!

7. Replies
    Views

I also had a great experience with the Mandolin Store. The instrument arrived with a very nice setup, well-packed, and ready to be played. Very good folks there.
  8. Replies
    Views

@EspressoGeek: Those Eastman finishes check and scratch like nobody's business!

Mine seems to attract more marks after every gig and occasional finish checking/cracking - more so than my other...
  9. Replies
    Views

In praise of the Blue Chip round bevel

After playing with a Blue Chip CT55 as my main pick for the last couple years, I ordered a CT55 round bevel to compare with the rather extreme speed bevel carved into the standard CT model.

The...
  10. Replies
    Views

Eastman oval in a band context

This is a video from a recent gig that I did with my Balkan/klezmer group. It's an eight-piece acoustic band (winds, violin, drums, accordion, bass, mandolin).

As I remember reading through many...