Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

NMD: New (bowl back) Mandola Day

I wanted to share my wonderful experience with purchasing a bowl back Mandola from Ikegaku in Japan

I've been wanting to dip my toe into GDAE Mandola for a while, after reading Robert Margo's many...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Pettine and Odell Mandolin Method

I reached out to Robert and he was able to help me out! I'll soon have the Pettine books in my possession.
  3. Re: English Country Dance tunes (David M. Brown arrangements)

Thank you for posting these videos, they are very inspirational.
  4. Thread: Books

by Peter Reynolds
    Replies
    Views

Re: Books

NFI but Niles Hokkanen's Guide to Chords is my personal favorite mandolin chord book. It has the blues grass chords, open chords, closed position jazz chords, and common chord progressions to boot....
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Your favorite Tab tune books?

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys. After reading this I actually shot off an email to Voyager records asking if they had any intention of ever reprinting this book( they don't) but, as luck...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Pig Jicking?

I'm still essentially a beginner/novice mandolin player but I struggled with DUD DUD at first.(Although I was decent at alternate picking) It was absolutely painful trying to play a Jig as I would...
  7. Replies
    Views

Your favorite Tab tune books?

I recently picked up Aidan Crossey's new book of 100 ITM tunes, printed it out, and had it spiral bound at my local UPS store. It's been an absolute joy picking through the arrangements on this lazy...