Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: I kneel before mandolin Knight in quest of Devine guidance

Your metronome may be under a cursed banjo spell that makes it rush the tempo.
  2. Re: I kneel before mandolin Knight in quest of Devine guidance

Forthwith proceed to a tavern where Minstrels gather to quaff the spirits of divine elucidation. Thereby you may query those more experienced in the divine arts of the muse on technique or the deeper...
  3. Re: I kneel before mandolin Knight in quest of Devine guidance

Perhaps thou art relying on the written page too much or have wound the spring too tightly. Is the same issue present when playing a steady stream of the notes which jump not merrily about? Practice...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman tailpiece replacement

I don't really like to revive a three year old thread to my first post on a new forum, but this thread and others like it made me put off replacing the original stamped tailpiece on my Eastman MD...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Must own mandolin CDs

You're going to no doubt be inundated with suggestions, but as a mutual fan of shady grow, there are two mandolin CDs that never leave my rotation and that I consider "must own". Both feature Butch...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando sighting

Too bad. The banjo is really perfect for silent movies.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Cafe members you'd like to meet.

On the few occasions when I have met other cafe members, they are usually people whose usernames you don't know because they never post. I have the feeling that a large number people who are members...
  8. Re: Moon Songs and Lyrics ..What's ya favorite?

1. Kiko And The Lavender Moon - Los Lobos
    2. Moondance - Van Morrison
    3. Whole Of The Moon - The Waterboys
    4. Moonshadow - Cat Stevens
    5. Blue Moon - Frank Sinatra
    6. Moon Over Bourbon Street -...
  9. Re: I have two questions about buying a beginner Kentucky Mandoli

Yes - you missed the other T in getting. ;)
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Im in a slump

Sounds like a buncha other things are not going right: no car, no computer, etc. Bad karma in one area can spill into another. Don't expect to always feel the same about any activity, whether it's...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber/Bredlove factory.

A valid question.
    Answer: Because if you take away idle speculation, I'll have little or nothing to read here in the morning.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber/Bredlove factory.

Here goes the idle speculation again. Why not wait to see how it plays out?
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Im in a slump

How about listen to some great mandolinists play, like David Grisman, Sam Bush, Chris Thile, Adam Steffey, Jimmy Gaudreau, Sierra Hull, or whoever you are into, and get reacquainted with what you...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Matt Flinner's Half Moondog

Found it, just after posting [URL="http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001309.shtml"]
    The notation's in a link about half-way down the page
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Why did Tony Rice stop singing?

I just pulled the trigger on the book after reading this thread- $33, and it seems like most of that will go to the artists/writers since it is through a small publishing company!
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Michael Kelly hidden treasure...

OK this has been a process of research, research, more research - and - eventually jumping into the deep end of the pool. I avoided staining for a long time and watched the James Condino video a...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Scam Artist?

Really no need to make a public scene of anything and no need to name individuals. Use of the Classifieds is a privilege, not a public right and anyone that we deem doesn't belong can take their...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Distressed No More....

Sure, here you go, one that the builder took:

Or you can look at my last 50 Youtubes
  19. Re: Realising I know NOTHING about amps...

Most "acoustic" amps have an XLR input, for a microphone...it'll work for your p/u, too. :cool:
  20. Replies
    Views

People have been making violins that look aged for centuries. People do sometimes want something that looks pleasantly worn in, and I think it's disingenuous for anyone to pretend that they can't see...
  21. Replies
    Views

None of my mandolins are distressed but all of my mandolins are depressed because even when I do my best, I can't even play as good as Bill's long lost cousin Morgan Monroe may his soul eternally...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Realising I know NOTHING about amps...

Use the P.A. for both the vocal and the mandolin it should have all the xlr inputs you need and monitors work well to hear yourself. forget the amp.
  23. Replies
    Views

Most "acoustic amps" have a microphone channel with a female XLR socket, and an instrument channel that accepts quarter-inch connectors. If you're going to use two microphone-level inputs, your mic...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: coordination

I have three. For each of these, imagine you are playing a one octave scale ascending and descending, repeating the top note when you start descending. DoReMiFaSolLaTiDoDoTiLaSolFaMiReDo. This makes...
  25. Replies
    Views

You can go to the manufacturer's website and download owner's manuals
    and read them online..
    before getting the printed one when you Buy the Amp itself.

You need 2 mic channel inputs, level...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3