Search:

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Bach Prelude No 1 in C for Mandolin

Here is a thread I posted in June, 2014 (how time flies!) of my version of BWV 846 on mandola:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/107000-Bach-Prelude-in-C-Major-BWV-846

bratsche
  2. Re: WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals...

The inside of my garage door says "DANGER - Do not operate engine with door closed. Carbon monoxide emission is lethal."

bratsche
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Sight read tab?

Good point, Louise. That's likely why when I play any fretted instrument, I'm barely conscious of the location of a given note in terms of what numbered fret it happens to be on. Because I started...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Sight read tab?

"Reading" and "sight reading" in terms of music are often conflated, but they are not the same thing. Sight reading is reading at tempo. So, "sight reading at tempo" is therefore a redundancy. ...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Question for flat top players

My flat tops, mandolin & mandolas alike (incl. Sawchyn) are all strung with Thomastiks; but what else is new? They should pay me for all my endorsements on here. :))

bratsche
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Philphool, Phil Goodson, passes :(

Sincere condolences to Phil's family, loved ones, and all to whom he was a friend. Always sad to lose a valued participant here. R.I.P. Phil!

bratsche
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: The perfect T-shirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRNbj8Ab2CA

bratsche
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocello Envy

Thank you all for the kind comments!

Because I lacked anything in this voicing and was drawn to the lower tones, I wanted this for the solitary pursuits of playing alone and helping me in...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Strings By Mail

I've used Strings By Mail too. Great company with personal follow-up. They have numerous single strings, which helped me immensely in experimenting to find the best ones that worked for my 5-string...
  10. Replies
    Views

Yeah, with those things, I always ditch the silly clip, lop off the nub it attaches to, and just use my trusty double-sided foam tape. Makes it too much of a pain to remove for photos, though, ;)
  11. Replies
    Views

Here is a video. This piece was inspired by the Mandocello-thing, and started out as something I made up to help accustom myself to picking accurately across five strings; like an etude, if you...
  12. Replies
    Views

Haha, funny, but as I mentioned, it does say "Mandocello-thing" on the label... :)

bratsche
  13. Replies
    Views

It was actually this old thread (Thank you, Ondrej) that first got the wheels turning for me on this. I didn't actually try stringing up my baritone uke as a mandocello, but seeing and hearing that...
  14. Replies
    Views

Mandocello Envy

It's no secret that I've had the malady, however I also knew that a true mandocello was out of the range of my physical capabilities. I've also had the desire to play fingerstyle for some time,...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Feline String Change Caution

About 25 years ago give or take, I was preparing to hem some jeans, and was momentarily distracted by a phone call. When I hung up, I could not find my needle and thread anywhere. I suspected one...
  16. Re: Has Anyone Received Stimulus Check? (Possible Mandolin Conten

Still waiting here, but the checks were only supposed to start going out today. That's how we'll be getting ours, as we've always paid taxes through snail mail.

bratsche
  17. Re: Mandolinists RIOTING over unfair String License fee

This time of year, again. LOL The robot voice sounded too much like all the scammers who leave messages on my answering machine.

bratsche
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Resonance of a fiddle vs mandolins (wow)

Yep, you can get some nice surprises with the old German trade violins. Back when I used to know a lot more teachers, I regularly focused on buying just those types of violins on eBay, which I did...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I be insulted?

I have many cats, and have had many more over the years, and the only certain thing is that each one is different. They may prefer one type of instrument timbre over another, or enjoy none at all. ...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Is there a mandolin equivelent out there?

The best part of that video was the nice high-pitched cello playing in the background. ;)

bratsche
  21. Re: Makes me long for the old "Photoshop This" threads

http://geargems.com/images/guitar-grrl ornaments.jpg

bratsche
  22. Re: Makes me long for the old "Photoshop This" threads

http://geargems.com/images/cat computer 1.jpg

bratsche
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Thomastik-Infeld string weights

I'm glad you got your answer. I have no experience with the 174s, other than to try them on mandolas, as I don't have an octave mandolin of any scale right now... I was referring to the 164s being...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Don't let those mandolins get thirsty

In my S. Florida house, it's impossible to get the humidity below 60% in the summer, even with the AC running full time. In the master bedroom, which somehow is the most humid room and even worse,...
  25. Re: What's the weirdest MUSICAL thing you've ever done?

I love that, Bob! You should post some videos! I also love your tagline - I have a sign in my kitchen that says the same thing. ;)

bratsche
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4