Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: New bridge and/or pickup recommendations

Thanks for the recs, all -- I will check out Cumberland Acoustics!

I'm not interested in having this bridge "burped" again -- it was worked on in August by the folks at the Denver Folklore Center,...
  2. Re: Experience in Using Effects on Acoustic Mandolins

I’m with Illinoisfiddler — I have found that delay is the single most effective effect when paired with my mandolin playing. I have a 90s Deluxe Memory Man that I think is probably the best delay...
  3. Re: First Impressions of my Fender Mando-Strat / 'caster

Nice playing, Tom! Sounds fantastic. Solid state amp, eh? Can't argue with the tone you achieved!
  4. Re: Flirting with the 5-string mandolin (again)

Thanks, Dave! Indeed, in my scouring of old threads on here, I gathered that the bridges on these reissues (and the originals) leave quite a bit to be desired. In fact, I imagine I would have...
  5. Re: Flirting with the 5-string mandolin (again)

Thanks, Verne. That was an excellent thread. I loved hearing the audio samples from your FM60E, she sounds great! Sadly I don't think I'm handy enough to attempt those mods m'self.
  6. Re: Just ordeded some primetone semi-round triangle picks

I just ordered a pack of these Primetones after hearing great things about them on here, and I must say I'm wowed. I love the dark tone I'm getting from the Primetone as compared to the brighter...
  7. Re: National resonator mandolins: RM-1 vs vintage Triolian?

Totally. A spider-bridge resonator mando would certainly be interesting, but an entirely different sound from the 20s/30s biscuit resonator family tree that I'm interested in. (Offshoot: I wonder if...
  8. Re: National resonator mandolins: RM-1 vs vintage Triolian?

Wow, thanks for the replies, everyone.

Especially good to hear from you, Allen, regarding your vintage Triolian mando. I may still try to track down a Trio in my area so I can play one before I...
  9. Re: 1920-30's Banjolin repair and restoration.

Thanks, Allen!