Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. The long, arduous journey of Silverangel #438 - with a happy end

I am not a mandolin player.

I play a bit, but it’s a sideline. I play a cheap pressed-top instrument. It’s fine.

I’ve been listening more and more to music with mandolin, and got the bug, and...
  2. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Orange Live in Studio "New Sounds"

I actually don't even know what to say other than enjoy. It warms my soul to watch this and I hope it does yours too...

Dem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrPB0_kktU
  3. Rex Preston & Miranda Sykes - final gigs

Brits will have heard of Miranda, if they know their folk, as she's part of Show Of Hands usually. But she also does this with Rex, who's a dab hand at the mandolin. OK, slightly vested interests as...
  4. Replies
    Views

Epic "Dawg's Rag"

Just stumbled onto this in The YouTube feed. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUFNObQ-s5Y
  5. David Benedict now endorsing Apitius Mandolins

Well, this is pretty cool:

Mandolin Mondays #45: Excited to be a new endorsing artist with Apitius Mandolins based in Ontario, Canada. So happy with my new Vanguard F5 Model--it's only a few weeks...
  6. Re: Northfield Mandolins "Deluxe Airloom" fiberglass Cases

I was in contact with Adrian this morning and expect to see the cover designs in a few weeks.
  7. Replies
    Views

The Syncopaths

Hey all, here's a great group to check out.
    The mandolin work really is just so nice to listen to.
    Ashley Broder is the mandolin player and I guess she
    helped Mike Marshall out with his lesson...
  8. Replies
    Views

From Unicorn to Phoenix - Luthier video

Some of you love these short films on luthiers as much as I do so please let me share one more. Mr. Rolfe Gerhardt...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: "Tap Tuning" the why's & wherefors.

Start with a good piece of wood, peck peck, tap tap, the more nodes the better.
  10. Replies
    Views

And Mr. Sullivan likes his maple

Check out Mr.Sullivan
  11. Mando Tasting Notes... Wow. 35 Mandolins in a day.

I made the trip down to Nashville Yesterday to have my annual Mandolin Tasting Day with a friend. The drive from Louisville is less than 3 hours and it's a fun way to catch up over the holidays.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings, Fiddler's Green, and a Dream Realized.

Did an artsy shot of the flame with a little morning light on it.
  13. Replies
    Views

One of my dreams is realized!

I've always wanted to have a mandolin/string group with kids that I teach. When I taught in Miami (for 21 years) it never happened. Since leaving Miami and moving back home to GA, I'm at a new...
  14. Visiting Master Instrument Maker Steve Gilchrist

125613 I drove for around 2 and half hours out of Melbourne yesterday to visit Steve Gilchrist , Master instrument maker.He was doing the final touches to a bunch of instruments he is taking to...
  15. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Heaven!

Found some awesome and unique mandolins at the store the other day. Took some pics to share. Enjoy! :disbelief:

16. Jonathan McClanahan "revoicing" a 2002 Gibson F-5 Master Model

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cADKblZgFt0Hey guys, Jonathan McClanahan here. I just thought you might like to see my latest mandolin "Revoicing" of this Gibson F-5 Master Model. This mandolin was...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: The neck's contribution to tone quality

You are being guided by your physiology and neuroscience background. What you say is sorta correct, except for the part about the traveling waves. With mandolins, guitars, and banjos, we are...
  18. New Gibson F9s produced by David Harvey: Wow!

I just played one of the new F9s last night that a cafe member recently purchased from TMS.

If you like the Gibson "bluegrass" tonal qualities, the Gibson "neck feel", etc, and you don't want to...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: I am in love - Gibson F5-G

Gibson indeed makes a lovely mandolin. There are others out there of excellent quality but they all have their tonal and construction differences and personalities. There is much to be said for...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard Birdseye F5

Thank you for the kind words. 96683
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Curious about Monteleone Grand Artist mandolins

Jim Garber...Here is the 2-Point you talked about. I submit this post without opinion on the original question. Remember Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder, and to me this concert with Byron...
  22. Re: Curious about Monteleone Grand Artist mandolins

John is a true artist! He creates sculptures to make music.
  23. Re: Curious about Monteleone Grand Artist mandolins

John Monteleone is a builder for whom circumstances of timing, talent, vision, craftsmanship, market, and other factors came together to result in some of the most stylistically innovative stringed...
  24. Thread: Fish Pick

by shortymack
    Replies
    Views

Re: Fish Pick

It does look a lot like the wegen material. That shape is a lil too rounded for me personally and they forgot to show its thickness. If it was me I'd spend twice as much and get something that you...
  25. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Specs Survey

Hi Everyone,

I was curious about what people are looking for when picking out a mandolin. If you can, will you take a few moments to fill out the below surveymonkey anonymous poll link. I will...
Page 1 of 2 1 2