Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Strategies (or contraptions) to tame the flying fingers?

Here's a recent? thread on this topic. Note post #45 which references 19th century composer Robert Schumann who aspired to be high flying professional pianist, before turning to composition. He...
  2. Re: the gibson master model 2001 signed by danny roberts

Probably not this complicated: https://web.archive.org/web/20210518070633/https://www.mandozine.com/media/CGOW/derrington.html . This way is easier: https://mandozine.com/media/CGOW/derrington.html
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Early 1922 F4 tuner slips

Re Paul's site availability: I typed in lutherie.net a couple times this am, and Paul's site comes right up. You do have to click on the violin, to get to a site map.
  4. Re: Loosen a tight tuning machine on an Eastman Oval

Paul Hostetter's page on maintaining tuners just in case you haven't looked at it. If it were me, I would remove string first and check how it turns without tension, then remove tuners on that side...
  5. Thread: cheap build kit

by bennyb
    Replies
    Views

Re: cheap build kit

Looks like IV is selling the A style kit for $150.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Hello from Oregon

Should I know who's playing this -- dave17120?
    That's Dave Hynds: Mandolinluthier.com
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuner hole jig won't sit flush

...Here it is Post 41
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Grandads Mandolin

Also known around these parts as a "reverse scroll" or "smurf" mandolin. You can use those terms to search the MCafe "Looking for Information" forum for more information, if you're inclined. Here's...
  9. Thread: Douglas fir

by bennyb
    Replies
    Views

Re: Douglas fir

If you run "Condino douglas" in this forum's search, you'll get some results from back in the aughts. Whether suitable for flat tops: don't think that ever came up.
    benny
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Ode to a Butterfly Tab

Looks like it's in the Tabledit library here on the Cafe. You'll need the free tefview program(link in Tabledit Library under Learn and Listen dropdown)
  11. Re: Buying myself my first mandolin for my 30th. Need help

This guy, Mandolinluthier in the South of France might have something that fits your needs. I haven't dealt with him personally, but other Cafe members have, and his reputation here is good. He's a...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Found this old mando in a bookstore

One of those rare occasions, when the mystery is actually solved. Thanks for including the evidence.

benny
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Finger plane question

dunwellguitar FingerPlanes
  14. Re: Experimental mandola with internal horn, neutral tension brid

A link to the mandolin above.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Bowl Back mandolin saddle.

Lmii sells a bone saddle that's 5/64ths(around .080"). Yours looks thinner. If so, Tavy's approach is the way to go.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Lady of the Lake

There's a right and a left side to the above attachment.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Fabric Softener for bending sides

Here's one (of many) threads over at luthiers forum on use of supersoft(the preferred brand, currently). It aids in bending.

benny
  18. Thread: Mandolin bridge

by bennyb
    Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin bridge

From this page, go to the bottom of page, click on "post quick reply", add your text, click on insert image icon(third from right) above. Browse your computer to the pictures location, and upload...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: An opinion please on bowl-backed mandolin

Part of the reason the bridge is movable is historical(i.e. tradition) probably, but it does allow the player to adjust the position for best intonation. For a given bridge and set of strings, there...
  20. Re: Easiest/safest procedure for adjusting bridge tilt?

I don't really understand the reluctance to loosen the strings some and do it that way. Nothing bad will happen. If you tune them down a full step, or a step and a half, it'll be relatively easy...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Any recent sightings of a Schmergel?

There's no "c" in Shmergel.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: What am I and what can you tell me about me

Looks like Alfredo Privitera on the label. Here is a little bit on Dave Hynds site on the history(successor to Puglisi family). Looks like more on google.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: How to read mandolin tabs?

@James M.: Go to Mandozine search page enter Greensleeves( or any other title or "contains"). There's a couple thousand mando tabs there(some guitar too). The little "m" in the bottom right corner...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Another HHG question

Frank Says: 350 gram strength compared to Lmi product 192.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Tabledit Question - grace notes

Howdy Mark,
    Select the note(in your case, the first note of the bar, 7th fret D string), then from the Note drop down, select grace note, then you're looking at grace note dialog. You've got 2...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3