Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko Passes

He made me want to play the mandolin, and then later he helped show me how. Listening back tonight, i'm in awe once again at his depth and breadth. He could play every style!! and bring musicality...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Gender and age distribution of mando players

Yea, this is really an important conversation. I've been bothered by this question, too. I guess I chalk it up to there being fewer role models in the past, but i'm happy to see the tide turning on...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin music library

If you're still looking for a home for this I'd love to talk with you. I think Berklee would be a great option to consider: we've got 13 or so mandolin players, and several mandolin based ensembles...
  4. Re: Radim Zenkl's house and instruments destroyed in fire

Hate to hear this. Thanks Scott for helping to publicize the gofundme. it's good to see the mandolin community looking out for each other.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Joe K. Walsh - Pogo Big

Hey all - nice to know that some folks want to play my tune! Here's my take on it.160169

boy, i'm not tech savvy. it just looks like a black spot on my screen, but i think if you click it you'll...
  6. Re: Jordan Ramsey wins the mandolin competition at Winfield!

So psyched for you, Jordan! Congrats!!!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Fast Triplet Run... To Hammer or Pick?

He's picking all of those notes. there are some triplet lines that he (and others) do that can be played with hammer-ons/pull offs/slides, but those types of lines tend to have utilize this picking...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: I have been playing wrong all my life

Hey CSTVIZ- Sorry to see what a roller coaster this has been, I wish i'd seen the thread sooner. That said, I'd love to echo what August said: the ratings system is not for evaluating whether you...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: looking for advice from all bout mandolin future

I think you might want to ask yourself why you'd want to go to college, what you want to get out of college, and whether you can get those things anywhere else. Becoming really proficient at the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Berklee Tribute to John McGann

Hello all-

I don't suppose I have to tell anyone here how big of a hole John McGann's passing left in so very many communities, one of which of course is here in the Cafe. Another of those holes...