Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

That is awesome !
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson F5 Custom advice?

There's a F5G Custom in Classified for $ 2400....NFI here but it ought to be a good mandolin. I would not shy away from any of the Gibson F models from early 2000's on. I have seen and played many...
  3. Replies
    Views

Jammin' at the Lake

I have been wanting to do this for a long time. My wife and I have a RV and Cabin campground on Grand Lake O' the Cherokees. We have a nice clubhouse with a decent PA set-up and plenty of room for...
  4. Thread: How long?

by jimbob
    Replies
    Views

Re: How long?

I would say your technique is getting better and you are getting better sound and response out of the mandolin. I think they do go to "sleep" if not played a lot, but I think that as you practice and...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: More "Studies" on Practice vs Innate Ability

I don't have a lot of data but do have two sons. Both like golf and play some. One son is a "natural"...good swing, strikes the ball well, would be really good if he had time and made effort to...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Pegasus Cases ??

Justify a purchase ? With a closet full of assorted stuff with strings, justification never crossed my mind....I bought mine because they are COOL !
    They are well made, offer good protection, sort...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: James or Allen tailpieces-anyone use these?

James....no doubt the best for me. Easy string changes. High quality product for sure.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Misleading ad in classified section

both possible....but it hasn't been in his closet for years. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: radiused fretboard vs non

I like whatever is on the mandolin in my hands at the time....