Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Have you ever been ridiculed for your choice in instrument?

Yes, right here. Apparently any mando that costs less than a used car or several month's rent is hardly worth bothering with.
  2. Thread: Starting over.

by Caleb
    Replies
    Views

Re: Starting over.

As far as times goes, as a familyman I only have so much to spare, but I'm going to determine to use Don's book (when it arrives) to really try to master each step along the way before moving on. I'm...
  3. Replies
    Views

Every once in a while something just falls into position and,the world opens up again! Just don't get too discouraged! The reboot is a great concept for lots of folks.
  4. Replies
    Views

Caleb and Franc, thanks for buying Mandolin For Dummies. I hope you find it useful. A second, more advance "Dummies" book is in the works and will be on the shelf sometime late spring or early summer...
  5. Awkward getting used to playing mandolin

I've been learning to play the mandolin for about 4 months now and am loving it 100%! I'm just getting to where I can actually play a few songs now, but was just wondering something. Is it normal to...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Newbie introduction :)

Welcome, you are in for a fun, frustrating ride as you learn the mandolin, get sore fingers and get frustrated when not learning fast enough. But....remember, if you stick with it it will come. ...
  7. Replies
    Views

Welcome Birtie.......:-)
  8. Replies
    Views

Welcome!
  9. Replies
    Views

Welcome to the cafe .... lots of wonderful information and people here! :)
  10. Replies
    Views

You are in good company here on the Cafe and MAS can be an incurable ailment. I bought my Weber "Bighorn" ($2400 at the time) less than 6 months after beginning to learn and don't regret it one bit....
  11. Replies
    Views

I play the same model so have fun and learn how to play it and welcome to the cafe.
    Two mandolins in your first week that has to be a cafe record.
  12. Replies
    Views

Nice post, Birtie. It's always nice when someone shows such enthusiasm! I love this site and I'm sure you will too. Welcome to the site and to the wonderful world of mandolins.
  13. Replies
    Views

Well, welcome to the mandolin, man. 2 mandolins and you haven't even started playing. That's a record for sure. It took me several months before I realized a new mandolin could help me alot. Happy...
  14. Replies
    Views

I figure I can compare it with the mando arriving on Wednesday and return the one I like less (or not! lol)

Crikey! Two mandolins already and you've not started playing yet. Never heard of a...
  15. Replies
    Views

Welcome to the café and the wonderful journey with the mandolin!
    Happy pickin'
  16. Replies
    Views

Welcome to the Cafe and have fun!

Jamie
  17. Replies
    Views

Welcome to the next chapter of your life. :) There is indeed something magical about the mandolin. Enjoy being under its spell.
  18. Replies
    Views

Congratulations on your first mandolin purchase...(rest assured it won't be your last), and welcome to the Cafe.:mandosmiley:
  19. Replies
    Views

Welcome aboard! Although I don't live there anymore, I will agree that your in a great place to learn mandolin. I caught the mando bug there a few years ago and bought my first mandolin at the Guitar...
  20. Replies
    Views

Welcome, Have fun with your new Mandolin.
  21. Replies
    Views

Well you sure have some great music stores near by. Lots of good music there about too no doubt.

Welcome Berite
  22. Notes from a 8 week beginner to people just starting

I’m about 8 weeks in and have been averaging about an hour a day. Here are some things I would like to add or emphasize from other posts for people starting fresh as there is a lot of information...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: On Line Lessons

Taking the lessons from Mike Marshall at Artistworks. It's a really good program, and Mike is great, both in terms of his knowledge and his personal encouragement.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Has anyone reviewed on-line mandolin courses?

I'll put in a plug for the ArtistWorks Mike Marshall course. I just joined and am 1 month into a 3 month subscription. He's put a lot of great lesson videos together plus the video exchanges between...