Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Just replaced tuning machines on my Eastman 305 (and am proud!)

As the title suggests, I just replaced the tuning machines on my mandolin, and I am pretty pumped I did it myself!!! A little backstory:
    So, I have now two mandolins: and Eastman 315, and now a 305....
  2. Replies
    Views

Documenting my journey

So, I want to kind of keep an online "journal" of my progress with the mandolin. Something that I can come back to every now and again, and see how I have progressed.

I picked one up about this...
  3. Replies
    Views

Finally, an in person lesson!!

I started (sort of) on this mandolin trip around this time last year, with nothing but an idea I wanted to play an instrument. With a decade of bagpipes under my belt, I figured I could handle...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Suggestions on a beginner "set list"

I actually checked out your site, and it is helping me with a ton of ideas. Thank you for the advice!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: instrument an offensive weapon (no mando)

As a bagpiper for over 15 years, I once had an "experience" flying with my pipes. I was flying from MA to WA for, likely to visit my brother or my nephew-both of whom were stationed at Lewis. This...
  6. Re: Grand daughter is a Lefty - Help needed converting RH to LH

Not the playing itself so much, as the marching and counter marching. I should have been more clear :). One of the best pipers I have ever witnessed, lives just north of me, and plays lefty.