Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Hallelujah

by Colin Botts
    Replies
    Views

Hallelujah

Yes, I know, this song has been done, redone, used, and abused, and I should have left it alone. However, I decided maybe there was a little room left in the world for a solo mandolin instrumental....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Oldest L-5! Lloyd Loar Signature!Analysis

I thought the Loar era L-5's were varnished (but never checked about that). They say it's lacquer. Were the guitars laquered back then?
  3. Replies
    Views

Oldest L-5! Lloyd Loar Signature!Analysis

This is a fantastic analysis of a recently discovered L-5 which turned out to be the oldest known example! It was signed on February 28th 1923 and was in remarkable shape- just a 1940s tailpiece and...
  4. Replies
    Views

Happy Birthday Big Dawg!!!

Happy Birthday David . . . Thank you for simply EVERYTHING . . . I'm Perpetually Grateful . . . Many many more!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T442eyDbOzE
  5. Today in Mandolin History - March 23, 1945, David Grisman born on

March 23, 1945, David Grisman born on this date in Hackensack, New Jersey.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/images/thisday/davidgrisman.jpg

This is a randomly selected event for today's date. For a...
  6. Caseadillo Case covers introduction

Hi everyone, my Name is Sam Guidry and I am the owner and creator of Caseadillo Case covers and I thought I would stop by to tell our story and introduce us to the mandolin community.

My primary...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: I miss the Classified Guitar posts....

Think of the time you save not drooling over guitars you’re not going to buy…
    Take a stroll outside in the sunshine, smell the flowers, greet small woodland creatures…

: )

Kirk
  8. Re: 1989 Gibson F5-L ‘Custom Shop’ Jim Triggs

I'm seeing Sasquatch.
  9. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

Have mentioned this numerous times - my favorites are probably the Fern Dick Kimmel owned (which I believe is now in Germany) and the Lloyd LaPlant that was played by Bob Douglas. (Although every one...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: This Dawg is a Dog

We're going to recommend that domain is likely a very unsafe place to do business. Doesn't take too long with some web searches to find a lot of people that agree with that assessment. YMMV.
  11. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

There’s a Nugget F5 that resides in Lawrence, Kansas that is amazing in all regards.
  12. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

Loar #73725... sigh...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Old Gibson needs fixin'

I'm not totally sure how playable this one is. It looks like it's seen more than its share of moisture over a long period of time. As far as original goes, I don't have a problem with changed parts....
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Old Gibson needs fixin'

Yeah, well. I didn't stop buying and selling because I was getting beat at the end and I certainly wish I was more familiar with this technology stuff. It simply escapes me. :cool:
  15. Re: 1989 Gibson F5-L ‘Custom Shop’ Jim Triggs

Greg Rich posted it a while back.
  16. Re: 1989 Gibson F5-L ‘Custom Shop’ Jim Triggs

You have to understand how the Gibson Custom shop worked in the days of Jim Triggs and Greg Rich.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocello as an octave?

The air volume and body cavity resonance on most mandocellos works well for an octave mandolin; I make most of mine with larger bodies. The scale length will likely be a bit long, so you can use a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Monteleone Mandolin Registry

I’ve put together a Monteleone Mandolin Registry at

https://monteleonemandolin.com/

If you’d like to send me vital stats (year, serial number, unique appointments, etc.) and some photos, I’ll...
  19. Replies
    Views

Finally, a Lyon & Healy Set

It took a good long while and more wheeling and dealing (and spousal apologizing) than I've ever done, but I've managed to put together a full Lyon & Healy Quartet.

All are player grade - the...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 1923 F-5 Master Model Reissue

I could not be happier with mine...the tone, craftsmanship, finish, playability, beauty, historic case, etc. are all outstanding. It's a 100% American-made original heirloom with David Harvey's...
  21. Wow, David Benedicts new Apitius mandolin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaPgDcXO3io
  22. Replies
    Views

how i would answer the question, if you like the tone of the Dave Harvey builds(i do) and you play the flat fretboards with the small frets with no issue, you will not be disappointed.

i've had a...
  23. Replies
    Views

I agree . . . I just saw this 1929 being talked about over on a FB group. This top is exactly what I like to see & one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. He said it was completely original.

24. Replies
    Views

Too red.....
  25. Replies
    Views

I believe these Master Models will prove to be very, very good instruments. They will not be 1923 Lloyd Loar F5s however, so don't go in expecting that.

Hopefully they will dial in their Cremona...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4