163265It might be a bit wider than mine
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: passed on a cheap Johnson MA-100

"i"
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Jetel tenor guitar ?

Interesting guitar. Except for the staggered tuners and the fretboard end curving around the sound hole, it's a Regal. Maybe a copy? Unlikely to want to reproduce that fancy inlay around the sound...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: 1920s Tenor Regal

I've haven't seen a Regal in a performance setting on Youtube. Jake, at Antebellum has very good recordings of a number of Regals. Very accurate representation of how they sound. Jake also uses DGBE...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: 1920s Regal Tenor advice needed

I love my Regal. 21" scale is great for CGDA, less so for GDAE, but I didn't do a lot of research as far as string gauges for that tuning. Mine is spruce and mahogany and often is the loudest...
  6. Re: Mike Marshall's Loar and Chris Thile's Dudenbostel

My issue with the original Thile/Marshall video is that Fischer's Hornpipe, or any traditional folk fiddle tune is not well served by the musical treatment. A few nods to revoicing the harmony and a...
  7. Re: Ukulele player kicked out of his home for playing too much

It's a baritone. The saddest of all ukuleles.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: GDAE Baritone Ukulele

I tune my Regal tenor 21inch scale down a whole tone and capo at the second fret. Shorter scale, tension is not as high and it sounds great. I also often play without the capo making it in Bflat....
  9. Replies
    Views

Eddie Davis and the Dredge

The great tenor banjo and guitarist Eddie Davis has posted a bunch of new videos of him playing a new tenor guitar which he calls the Dredge. A couple of them explain the name. It's a very small (17"...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Regal tenor - tuning suggestions?

My Regal which I tune CGDA had heavier strings and was tuned GDAE when I bought it. It sounded good but not as good as in C tuning. The Fletcher Tenortone looks about the same size as the Regal, is...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage Tenors Help Needed

The Kay looks nice. I like mahogany topped guitars. The Stella is almost certainly an all birch ladder braced Harmony. Not in the same league as the Kay.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Harmony 50's Flat Top.

Judging by the label I'd say it's quite a bit older than 1950's. 30's or 40's. I've only seen the 1960's version of this and it's okay. This one looks very nice. Apart from the crack, it should be...