Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

100 Days of Mandolin

I have run across a site called giveit100.com that allows you to see how you are improving at something you are practicing. The way it works: While you are practicing, you record a 10 second...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: App for learning music notation

Whoops! "Guitar Family" is the name of the app.
  3. Replies
    Views

App for learning music notation

I had planned to put off learning music notation because it feels like torture the way it's taught in the books ("3 songs using only the E string!"). But it is already limiting what I'd...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Celtic - what should I listen to?

Thank you all so much - I have lots to listen to. Really, the only one of all of these people that I knew of besides the Chieftans & the Dubliners was Kevin MacLeod - we use his royalty-free music...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar Center Visit

Large retail chain stores do lots of analysis on their return on investment of space. I suspect that this has something to do with which mandolins they sell or how they are displayed. Even a flashy...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: secular songs of praise

Okay, I just read through 12 pages of this thread. I like the They Might Be Giants and Grateful Dead ones mentioned. And someone beat me to posting the Bob Ross one (I make my high school art...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Did Santa Deliver Your Mandolin Wishes?

Hi! My sweet husband got me a starter Fender and I've already replaced the strings, adjusted the intonation, and I'm trying to get up the nerve to work on the nut.
  8. Replies
    Views

Celtic - what should I listen to?

Okay, I got my first (I know how it works!) mandolin yesterday. I have been looking around for things to try to play. I play a little guitar, so I can already do a few chords, but I am looking for...