Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I got my Blue Chip CT55 today

It is an amazing pick. The tone of my mandolin sounds better, Fast runs are easier to play. I know that people balk at paying $35 for a pick, and I fully understand that line of thinking, But what it...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Weird thing about the Jim Dunlop Primetone Picks

Well, I feel like an idiot. Upon closer examination, I saw that the bridge was not properly centered on the mandolin. The strings sounded choked because the slots were creating a sideways pressure on...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Replacement bridge - how much of an improvement?

Well, I just had a Cumberland bridge installed on my The Loar LM700. The improvement was significan. Overall volume increased. Very noticeable. Also, the intonation was perfect, something the stock...
  4. Replies
    Views

Dawg Picks Revisited

About a year ago I was experimenting with different mandolin picks. I bought a four pack of those Dawg picks. They're somewhat round and dont have a point. Being used to the standard Fender style...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Something that I find annoying

Perry, I appreciate the heads up. I am kind of a regular at Skip's Music. (I am also an electric,guitar player) and they have nothing that caters to the mando crowd. Like Guitar Cemter and The Fifth...
  6. Replies
    Views

Something that I find annoying

I live in Sacramemto, the capital city of California and a fairly large ciity. You would think that you could find anything here. But when I go to any of the music stores here, even Guitar Cemter,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Saw Tommy Emmanuael being interviewed

He was asked about his practice routine. He said that he would practice a phrase or a particular run for a couple of hours just to get his muscle and hand coordination right. When he is not...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Has anyone tried a looper?

I have the Boss RC3 pedal and it is a great practicing tool. I had trouble getting the timing right on my loops at first until somebody told me the correct way to do it. Rather than stepping on the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Found the greatest tuner ever--and it's cheap

Anyone out there with access to Apples' App Store should check out Pitchlab, a downloadable tuner app that is fantastic. The basic app,is a free download. To upgrade to the full featured tuner is a...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: So I bought a Blue Chip pick-my impressions

When I first got my TAD60 I did a blind test of sorts with a friend of mine who is a bassist. I did three tests trying to make sure that I played the same way each time. He correctly chose the Blue...