Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Column: Where is Bluegrass Headed?

A lot of people seem to have some concern over what us millennials are doing with music so as a mid-20-something I can assure you that we have no intention of ruining everything. We don't really know...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: What my audience prefers to hear (rant)

Seems to be a lot of disrespect for audiences (customers) and superciliousness on the part of some players. ...'o the ignorant masses'

People like what they like, often not what somebody else...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Everything you wanted to know about Intonation.

7) Notes are OK up to fret X, but after that are all over the place.

A certain dose of realism may be in order here. Consider that we can usually hear notes greater than 3cents off as “out of...
  4. Replies
    Views

Everything you wanted to know about Intonation.

The topic of intonation comes up often enough on this list, that I thought we should try and summarize everything in one place.... so here we go... everything you wanted to know about intonation, but...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: What is the function of the body?

That is partly correct. In principle, when you excite anywhere on the plate, all of the normal modes of the plate will be excited, unless you happen to be exciting the plate right at a nodal line...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What is the function of the body?

I dare you...

But that is quite simple, I'll say. A vibrating plate with a fixed border will oscillate with a maximum amplitude somewhere in the middle (at least for the so-called (0,0) mode,...