Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. watch the smooth glide like action of Mike Comptons fingers

especially at 2:16, his fingers barely move out from the strings and glide from place to place. that to me is amazing efficient playing. sounds just right.
  2. Replies
    Views

Slower is faster

I keep telling the young people coming to play that speed is really cool but to get there, start slow. Slower than you want to or even think you should.

When I was young and learning Jimi Hendrix...
  3. Thread: Happy New Year

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all my mandolin friends.

Especially to those brand new to the mandolin. Those whose first mandolin showed up under the tree less than a week ago. Welcome one and all to the...
  4. Re: Rate my Logic: Choosing the Chinese over the USA Mando

I come down on the used/great/USA side.

I used to drive deliveries for a big antique furniture store that also sold repros. The repros always went into the truck bubble-wrapped and cardboarded...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Black carbon hoffee case

Not so sure that was a "real test," but I get the point. Minor correction: that famous commercial was for American Tourister, not Samsonite. Not that that makes any difference.

Many of the case...
  6. Bruce Weber just reprofiled and speednecked my Gibson A5-L

I bought a Gibson A5-L in 1990. I had misgivings about the neck from the git-go because of its pronounced V profile. A few years ago, when it went to the shop for a fret job and to get the fretboard...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Distressed Instruments

...antiquing with a sense of humor...
    Do you see it? :)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4435/36295770802_c05e080d21_z.jpg
  8. Emory Lester, At Dusk, with his Northfield-beautiful

Emory has such a presence with his mandolin, i have a couple CD's and they are in play almost constant.

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O7WmnL1C_8

and one more
  9. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Re: Loar Picture of the Day

Friends and Colleagues, it is amazing what retirement will do to one's lifestyle.

This is the first time I have been on the computer since I retired 3 months ago. Sure, a little...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: New Marla Fibish Video on PegHead Nation

Dear Foldedpath,
    My apologies if you found my comments to be divisive. That was not my intent, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. Players are of course welcome to choose the instrument they...