Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: A few recent original tunes by Aidan Crossey...

A highly impressive body of original work! The playing is highly refined: super clean with good expression; and the instruments all sound great! Very well done, sir.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

There's a huge difference. The first, with the spruce soundboard, sounds soft and mushy, compared to the second, with the cedar soundboard, which projects much better and has a strong and focused...
  3. Re: Everything you wanted to know about the Irish bouzouki...

Enjoyable, informative video. I admire your ability to transplant to another part of the world. I have three instruments I got from Stefan Sobell in the early '80s: a 5-course mandolin, 5-course...
  4. Sobell banjo lute, cello banjo, sitar, silver flute, wood flute

I purchased a 5-course cittern from Stefan Sobell in the early 1980's. At some point I found I could easily restring it to play as a 5-string banjo, without modification other than a string change....
  5. Re: A banjo album that deserves wider recognition

Free access article, and interview with Adam, in Banjo Newsletter.
    https://banjonews.com/2021-01/back_to_the_earth_by_adam_hurt.html
  6. "Enjoy the Ride" - Cello Banjo, Sobell Banjo Lute, and Flute

Original acoustic music.
    Jessica Peterson: Flute, composition of flute parts, and video creation.
    Paul Roberts: Cello banjos, Sobell banjo lute, and musical composition....
  7. Re: A banjo album that deserves wider recognition

I had the honor of recording Earth Tones. Adam got the whole album down in two days, which included time for walks in the forest.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: An original tune on a Sobell mandola

Gunnar, it's a good tune - I really enjoyed it!
    I've also checked out some of your multi-instrumental offerings on your YouTube channel; I'm quite impressed with your abilities as a well-rounded...
  9. Music and Nature Videos - Sobell Banjo Lute and Flute

I have a mid-1980s Sobell 10-string cittern that I swap back and forth from 10-string fifth's tuning, to five strings (in 5-string banjo orientation). So, going from a mando instrument to a banjola...