Search:

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: anyone seen/tried a B&J two point like this?

Here's some of mine. Same model. Def a project. Repaired heel. Back was replaced by former owner, nice enough mahogany veneer, nailed on and (flat). Yep,...
  2. A customer playing a baroque mandolin I built

wc88GAcDsrY

I wasn't sure where to put this since it's not technically a video of me. It's also both lutherie/builder content and a video. Hopefully this is OK.

Here's some pictures of the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Stromberg Voisinet tuners explained

I now have three different Stromberg Voisinet mandolins, none of which have a complete set of functioning tuners. The nicer two have mahogany sides and back (laminate?) while the other appears to be...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Love for Ovals

https://youtu.be/JMKVCkVqJYg?si=iKkuwkuL_PD0UxFm
  5. Northfield Bourgeois Eastman 815-V Head to Head

Saw this, thought it was interesting, as it's the three mandolins I'm considering for my "lifetime mandolin."

J1BDfhvtQZg
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What's your new fiddle tune?

Lately I’ve been listening to and playing Waynesboro.

https://youtu.be/D7N9qnFQU5E?si=DjT8CZzVgRiPTZml
  7. Tenor Guitar Rebuild Pictures - almost done

I am pretty much finished with the rebuild if the 1660's Harmony/Regal tenor guitar. The process was a great learning experience, and I did make a few mistakes, but in the end, it turned out OK. ...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Nyckelharpa #1 complete. Failed to make a bow on time, so still don't know what it sounds like. Pretty pleased with the aesthetics, though.

9. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

I quite often do some practise when I'm finishing my breakfast. This is a Scottish jig called The Lads O' Dunse, played on my powerful wee Collings mandolin.

10. Replies
    Views

Compton playing my Heiden A5

They had a mando tasting at Monroe Camp. Here's Compton playing my Heiden A5. Why doesn't it sound like this when I play it? :)

https://youtu.be/B-aQoOSy2VM

B-aQoOSy2VM
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

IwR17EEQDDM

yno_FDGDqhw
  12. Tuba Skinny washboard player's mandolin side project

I have been following Tuba Skinny (New Orleans trad jazz) through YouTube vids for years ; today I learned that Robin Rapuzzi, their washboard player, plays mandolin. His trio, Rapuzzi Glo Worms,...
  13. Original Orville Gibson mandolin video.

I thought you all might enjoy this video we made about a really cool piece of Gibson history featuring a mandolin built and signed by Orville Gibson himself! We've got it hanging in our shop on loan...
  14. NMD: Peter Coombe classical flattop mandolin

New mandolin (well mandolins) day. One of Peter Coombe's Classical Flattop mandolins arrived today (and an Eastman MD304, MDA315 & MDO305 have also just arrived but haven't been opened yet).

The...
  15. Mandolin, Penny Whistle & Dancing & Hoagy

All that is just my cheap excuse for posting.

The best bit is three-quarters in (whole thing's only a minute.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ZXTMuBDf4
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: My fathers' Mandolin

Hi Mick, William,

Thanks both so much for coming back to me.

I've just spoken with my Uncle. So the story of the mandolin goes back to my Grandad. He got married to his wife in 1936. They...
  17. Replies
    Views

Rest in peace - Bob Page has passed

Posting this on behalf of a friend of the family. As many of you are aware, Bob Page was a frequent name in the Classifieds and posted a lot of instruments and was a true friend to the mandolin...
  18. Re: Why not a domestic, hand built instrument instead?

Pour one out for this guy. I've never seen somebody admit they were wrong on the internet before. Hat off to you, sir!
  19. Replies
    Views

Old Hat String Band

I just stumbled across these guys, very nice....

slqfgZX30fY
  20. Replies
    Views

Sierra on Fretboard Journal

She really is good, you know.

Well, we all know that of course, but honestly, just watch how she covers the whole of the fretboard, watch how effortlessly she uses her pinky - indeed her whole...
  21. Ultimate Vintage Snakeheadedness and Chocolatey Goodness

Ah, just what I don't need, another mandolin. However as soon as I saw this in the classifieds from our friends at Elderly, it clicked all the boxes. Plus it looked too pristine to be true ... but it...
  22. Re: violin buying question to you trusted cafe goers (NMC)

For a fiddle I wouldn't be bothered much about bridge height unless it is way too low to be able to play the outer strings cleanly (that's actually the main reason for high bridge, the tension effect...
  23. Replies
    Views

My Oliver Ditson

This is my Oliver Ditson. I’ve had it for 30 years. Recently my house burned down but it survived. You can see where it was on the stand and the small spots on the back wasn’t effected! Still sounds...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: The Australian Mandolin Quartet

The quartet has been strung up and making some very pleasant musical sounds.

25. Re: Looking for recommendations on a ‘20’s Gibson oval A

I guess they call it a Mandolin Acquisition Syndrome because sometimes you might acquire more than one at a time. 1921 A Jr & 1924 A Jr. Do you think my wife would notice that I got two? They look...
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4