Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

As someone who has been making my own music for about two decades now, I recently discovered S*no (not even going to grace them by typing out the whole name, u can figure it out), which launched at...
  2. Re: Chris Thile Acoustic Music Camp just announced

I laughed out loud seeing a person from Oregon complaining about the tax structure in Maine. How's that working for you? I lived in Oregon for almost 20 years; doesn't see like your state has it's...
  3. Re: Chris Thile Acoustic Music Camp just announced

As the Gathering is part of Warren Wilson College's educational program, I don't think there's any financial motive here to promote the program for any personal financial gain. Warren Wilson has a...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Who's fetching the most?

In order, my answer would be McCoury, O'Brien, Grisman, and Thile. Great players are better than the rest of us at a lot of things, including discovering great instruments and their builders, and the...
  5. Re: How do you justify a high end mandolin? Or do you?

THAT is wisdom right there, every word of it. I mentioned in my prior response that I'd been down the $10K+ path with a custom guitar. At the time, I already owned a Martin D-16H that I'd bought for...
  6. Replies
    Views

Don MacRostie--Red Diamond interview

Minnesota Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association recently published my interview with Don. it addresses several of the questions raised in some recent threads about Red Diamond. Many thanks to...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: How much for the best?

OK, but wait. What many of us here are trying to tell you is that the criteria you're using doesn't cover the entire spectrum of what it means to be "the best". You may not be trying to redefine...