Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Picking question on Calace ex. 82

That makes a lot of sense: in the previous exercice there are two measures with the same string changes but notated as glides and not alternate:

I already made the glide on the first...
  2. Re: Beethoven Mandolin Sonatina in c WoO43a

I have the same doubt, and after some testing I like to play them as almost sixteenths, but with a little breathe between the eight note and the following sixteenth.
  3. Beethoven Mandolin Sonatina in c WoO43a

I am practicing this piece and didn't like any of the free versions I could find, so I made my own using lilypond. It's not perfect, but it's more readable than the imslp editions.

I hope somebody...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Bowl back case

There are many threads about bowlback cases, I decided to update this one as the Dogal is mentioned. I just bought one, so I can add some info and photos:
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Bowlbacks of Note

Wonderful instrument, Joe, congratulations!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Bowlbacks of Note

I was very lucky and someone offered me an Embergher 5 bis in good shape. Here are some photos:
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Cracks between ribs on bowlback

Thank you very much, that helps me a lot :)

Unfortunately I can't say more at the moment, but hopefully in a few days I will be able to share a lot of photos...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Ralf Leenen on tuning

I found it very useful: I always tune by ear, and never thought of not tuning in perfect fifths, so it was very helpful to me. I tried today and felt weird during tuning, but the intonation between...