Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Bowl back case

I have one of the Dogal cases -- carried it everywhere, many airplane miles, with hardly any wear. Found it to be sturdy and light, and fit my Italian concert mandolin well. The hygrometer in mine...
  2. Re: Score for Slavator leonardi: Souvenir de Sicile?

For those like me who's eagle-eyed orbs are not what they used to be:

I began practicing this piece with the pdf attached to Jim Garber's message above. This was visually difficult but I became...
  3. Replies
    Views

An article on historic stringing

For the few nerds who may care about historic mandolins, I'm hoping to digest this one more fully in the near future: Mimmo Peruffo's Aquila Corde blog entry on mandolin strings.
  4. Thread: Le Cygne

by Eugene
    Replies
    Views

Le Cygne

Wedding request. I'd prefer this piece be performed in duo (or, as originally written, as a trio). However, in being contracted as a soloist this outing, this seemed a more convincing approach to...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Bowlbacks of Note

aliparia, per your request, here are photos of the 1980 Pecoraro I just acquired. Both the sound and the playability put this instrument in a whole other class than what I am accustomed to playing. ...
  6. Replies
    Views

Fantastic! Congratulations.
  7. Replies
    Views

I have doubt about the bridge as well. My only example is from considerably later, so designs might have changed, but the bridge on the mandolin in question seems sort of crude when contrasted with...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Cracks between ribs on bowlback

I agree with Eugene. And fluted ribs puts it in the higher end. The insides of these were often lined with wood shavings so you may be seeing that with the second photo. You might look inside with a...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Cracks between ribs on bowlback

That profile and construction look like the piece may be a relatively high-end Roman instrument. If so, very desirable. If you don't mind sharing, who's the maker?

I may be missing it, but I...