Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I built 2 F5s and a custom 3 point

Hello Cafe. My name is Jacob Hagerty and I have been addicted to building mandolins for 4 years now, although its still a hobby. I have completed 6 mandolins so far and #7 is under way. I started...
  2. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Are there any pedals that do that sustainer thing?
    Never mind.
    The Digitech Freq-out! Oh, Yeah!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Don't be nervous

I've been playing 50+ years and I wouldn't feel welcome in a jam with that statement. Not because I couldn't keep up but because I wouldn't want to. Many years ago, when I was just learning an older...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Stool for tired old pickers

I'm afraid to ask you guys what you're doing on these stools to destroy them.....
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Pets with Mandolin-related names?

I've enjoyed the stories of the pets and their names that have been posted thus far, and especially liked seeing the pictures. We mandolin enthusiasts sure have some great looking pets with...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Pets with Mandolin-related names?

I have a cat that I can never seem to find. I should call him Heiden.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Sweetened tunning

Basically all fretted instruments are out of tune all of the time. That comes from the fact that the intervals between the notes differ from key to key. This sounds crazy but itīs true. Read more...
  8. Ellis A5 #339-15 and a Visit to the Ellis Shop

I recently purchased a used Ellis A5 and fell in love with the tone of it. Because of an old left hand injury, I needed to get the neck reshaped to make it work for me. I contacted Ellis Mandolins to...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Boomer Bust?

NursingDaBlues, I definitely hear what you're saying. My six dozen instruments will go to local dealers with whom I've done business for years, Dave Stutzman and John Bernunzio, on consignment or by...
  10. Thread: Retirement

by Kenny A
    Replies
    Views

Re: Retirement

After owning a small business for 38 years and working 51 weeks a year and 6 days a week, I finally sold my business and retired two years ago at age 68. My main goal after retiring was to get...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: D'Addario - Seeking Mandolin Beta Testers

The strings are in stock at Strings and Beyond. They are this weeks special, buy a set and get a regular set free:

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/dadnickelbronzemandolin.html
  12. Re: Pickups in the monitors, Mics in the mains

I can see the advantage of a setup like this. If you have a good board with plenty of routing options, the setup shouldn't be a big deal. Especially with any of the nice digital mixers. You can...
  13. Replies
    Views

First hand rubbed sunburst

Here is my first attempt at a hand rubbed sunburst.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Ethics of filming amateur musicicans

Ah yes. I haven't seen it go quite that far myself, but one of the first rules of hosting a band rehearsal is to hide any tambourines, shaky eggs, or other portable percussion in the house.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Restocking Fees

"In fact, courts have consistently held that only the term “F.O.B. buyers place of business” will create a delivery contract.[81] Even a term as unambiguous as “seller shall pay freight” will not...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Dawg Tune?

I replied under the Dusty Strings thread about this:

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?117652-Dave-amp-Tracy-Grisman-jam-at-Dusty-Strings
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Scale practice

The classical world can be quite authoritarian and fascistic, and that can be reflected in their teaching methodology. You can develop very high levels of technical ability doing it their way, as...
  18. Re: Professional musicians: Do you pay to play?

:popcorn:
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Souldier straps

Willi, shoot them a note if you can't find the length, though I imagine it's adjustable in length. I've done custom stuff with them before (for a banjo strap), which they're usually open to doing....