Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Mando-Baby

by KGreene
    Replies
    Views

Mando-Baby

She's 14 months old now (one of my granddaughters), and ever since she was about three months old, she has shown interest in bluegrass (e.g., if she was fussy, it would quiet her down, play some...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: But wait. This doesn't look like that other one

I always wondered where they kept the servers that put the texts and emails from Australia right side up for us.
  3. a very cool learning site i just found(Baron Collins-Hill

many of you may already know of this site, i just lucked into it last night. i am a member of artistworks and learn thru Mike Marshall, but i find this place that Baron Collins-Hill has made for us...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: More "Studies" on Practice vs Innate Ability

What disturbs me about this general topic is that it is an attempt to reduce what I consider to be an art down to some sort of formula, to define on one simple continuum (practice v talent) something...
  5. Replies
    Views

On Playing the Mandolin as Therapy

I have been a member in the Mandolin Cafe for most of 2014 and I have truly appreciated the ideas, education, support and friendship that has been...

Read this blog entry...

This entry posted...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Tabs vs. reading music

I always discourage tab because it's not "portable" knowledge. In your case since you already know standard notation it would be silly to reference your notes to fret numbers rather than note names....
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Tabs vs. reading music

Start with Notation. Start with Notation. Start with Notation. There may be more of a learning curve at first but you'll never post a a "does anyone have mando tab for obscure song not originally...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: More "Studies" on Practice vs Innate Ability

I don't have a lot of data but do have two sons. Both like golf and play some. One son is a "natural"...good swing, strikes the ball well, would be really good if he had time and made effort to...