Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another CF Mandolin?

Hi Guys, This is Ian Klosowiak, the luthier and engineer here at KLOS. Thanks for all the support and help in spreading the word. We are slowly starting production and dialing in the process and...
  2. 12 THINGS I Wish I Knew as a Beginner Mandolinist(interesting vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNxkFDDObL0
  3. Mike Marshall's Incredible Bluegrass Journey

this is excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFPa3Db9t8E
  4. Re: Jam Etiquette / Rules Question - Should songs be banned

I agree. That's why I referred to John Lennon's "Run for Your Life" as misogynistic in a previous post. The song is about wanting to control a woman's behaviour and threatening to kill her if she...
  5. Re: Jam Etiquette / Rules Question - Should songs be banned

Dull tunes are tunes that, personally, find dull. I find Old Home Place pretty dull these days too. I know many love that tune though - that's cool too.

I'm sure when you play it with your...
  6. Re: Jam Etiquette / Rules Question - Should songs be banned

"The Ban" touches upon two topics and a general thought:

1. Is it okay to play musical pieces that could offend? Or should they be banned?

2. Is it okay to play musical pieces even though...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: On the Waiting List with Austin Clark

Another update, we have color! Just a whole lot of sanding and shellacking and sanding and shellacking left to go, plus setup work.

8. Replies
    Views

After a bit of back and forth, I realized it would just be easier to send him some example pics. This is what I sent him and he said he could do it no problem.

9. Replies
    Views

A long overdue thread revival! Earlier this week I received some progress pictures from Mr. Clark, and I must say that I'm extremely excited.

He's done an amazing job and I can't wait to see what...
  10. Re: Jam Etiquette / Rules Question - Should songs be banned

Mostly it's origins - there's a lot of articles on this.

My take is here - https://mattcbruno.com/why-i-dont-play-turkey-in-the-straw/

Here's a few others.
  11. Re: Mando (and why to quit callin it that...)g

Jethro had a bit he would do every so often, something like "Jethro, what do you call that instrument you play?.....I call it Bruce."

One time the Jethro Burns Quartet played at University of...
  12. Re: Stolen Mandolin - Pava A5 in Lafayette, LA

GREAT NEWS! Silas' mandolin has been recovered in Lafayette. It is now there with friends and Silas will have it back very soon. Thank you so much for your help everyone!
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Busking with limberjacks

I’m on a roll here. I’ve added a fiddler limberjack to the crew. The tune is one of my originals, ‘Pierrot’, performed by the whole Webley Twizzle Project band.

https://youtu.be/43xTzsg5A2w
  14. Replies
    Views

Busking with limberjacks

My buddy Bruce and I have been busking for various causes over the last year or so at a local farmers’ market, particularly for humanitarian relief for Ukraine and for the UNHCR. We recently added...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: The new Nickel Creek Album

I enjoyed this this fellow’s comments about Strangers.

WkRG7WsApcI
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Café classifieds

I really don't need to get into discussing this further and I'm already on record stating the decision is not going to be an invitation for a public forum on opinions. The banjo community has been...
  17. Poll: Re: What mandolin is the Dawg playing for Lloyd Loar's Birthday?

I reckon the time has come to reveal the TRUTH!

The envelope please......

It's "Crusher"!

Bring on more 100th birthdays (for us all!)
  18. Replies
    Views

NGOM Day - Clark

Well its a new GOM day for me. A lovely Clark showed up a couple of days ago and its just a great instrument. I am going to enjoy this Journey :)

19. Replies
    Views

Re: Your MAS Progression

I had a thread on this also: https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/122051-your-mandolin-ownership-history

but I'll add mine here, too because it's fun to reflect over the past (wow) 30 years:...
  20. Replies
    Views

As above. Leaned me lesson going through a hundred guitars

First mando was an Arrow G. Never wanted a cheaper one cuz it would mean I wasn’t playing the Arrow. Never wanted a better because I...
  21. Re: Four mandolins stolen today from The Mandolin Store

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update and thank everyone in this community, especially Scott, for sharing this far and wide. The police have a suspect and he also left full size footprints in...
  22. Replies
    Views

My first mandolin was a Chinese built Ibanez M522S. Not terrible. I bought it before I'd heard of this forum. I added an armrest, Tone-gard and K&K twin pickup. The plastic nut cracked so I...
  23. Replies
    Views

I could have sworn I got involved in this closer to when the thread originated, but apparently I did not. So here goes:
    Washburn oval hole given as a Christmas give by my wife- Still have though it...
  24. Replies
    Views

I think this is how it's gone:

Acoustics:
    Kentucky KM-150 - sold
    The Loar LM-520 - sold
    Eastman MDO-305 - sold
    Zeta Acoustic – sold
    Weber Absaroka - sold
    Weber F hole Gallatin Mandola -...
  25. Re: Wrecked fingers can't make 'block chords', time to quit?

I get through a jam with two-finger chops all night long just fine.
    Important thing is to get the gist of the chop, it‘s the articulation and timing, not the complete chord voicing that counts....
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4