Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Pros/Teachers - What is the most important tip you can give?

Most valuable IMHO: learn good ergonomics. Then you wont spend the rest of your life trying to "fix" your mechanics.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: That Ellis A in the classifieds ...

I was tempted by an Ellis A at IBMA, but walked away with this!139731
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Memorizing & Talking to Instructor

Things that have helped me. YMMV. Some of these things don't directly answer the OP, but I think it is all about having your mind right for learning.

Recording lessons. I have recordings of...
  4. Thread: Going pro?

by Jim
    Replies
    Views

Re: Going pro?

I came from a town with a Great music School ( Bloomington IN) I played and jammed with people but never thought I'd be good enough to be a "pro" because everyone that played around there was so good...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Ulnar Nerve Entrapment

I had this exact problem 2-3 years ago. You need to see a neurologist and get an EMG. You're an RN so you probably know they aren't fun. The "shocking" portion isn't bad but I only let them stick...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: $3.5k budget, what do I buy?

A teens paddle head and a Collings MT

f-d
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: F-Hole Size Question

Oh, ok. I don't change the size of my f-holes when designing an instrument. I do vary the depth of the instrument. I don't believe there is a single optimal ratio of sound port area to air volume for...
  8. Replies
    Views

Here is the basic physics:
    Enlarging the size of the ff-holes will raise the frequency of the air cavity (Helmholtz) resonance. Reducing their size will lower this resonant frequency. The Helmholtz...
  9. Replies
    Views

You might check out the links in this thread while you're waiting for an answer.
  10. Re: Gilchrist Model 5 - how long to get it to open up?

What Mark said. Steve's newer stuff leans toward the fundamental end of things with very few overtones. They are very balanced across the strings and they're projection monsters. To me they sound...
  11. Re: Am I crazy? I don't understand what's going on.

Over decades of buying and selling acoustic guitars I observe that the instruments my head
    told me to buy are no longer around. The instruments that spoke to my heart and hands,
    regardless of what...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Odd feature on early 20s Gibson A

Yes! I've seen that before --plain A's and clearly labeled A-1's with bound backs. Don't know why --it's Gibson--all things are possible-- Hey, inlay the peg head and you have an A-2! Actually,I saw...