Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull on Steven Colbert

Not sure what constitutes the "current spotlight", as Sturgill has been making waves for the last 7-8 years on the edges of country music. He's part of a push against mainstream country, and I, for...
  2. Replies
    Views

New Piccolo (Sopranino) Mandolin

Here is my latest Piccolo (Sopranino) Mandolin build, completed just a few days ago. I am still tweaking the setup, but am pleased with it already. I love its sweet, clear voice...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Henry New Monroe Improvisation Course

Having been through most of the material I can say that it may be helpful to watch the first videos and get an overview of the modules and then proceed to a song you like. It is tough to get the...
  4. Replies
    Views

It took me a few weeks but I finally made it thru the 1st video, alot of concepts to work on, refine, and apply to my playing. I have used several of Chris’ tune videos so im used to his teaching...
  5. Replies
    Views

I think it's a huge value and a must-buy for anyone interested enough in Monroe style to be reading this thread.

How much you get out of it, though, depends on you: Do you need a teacher who...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Your Experiences with Online Learning!

I started with a combination of in person lessons, and online training. I love the video response format of online learning, and the ability to access online lessons anytime I want. I dropped my in...
  7. Crosspicking Lesson How to Play Will The Circle Be Unbroken

Good Luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owry7ESqmZM
  8. How to Play the D Major Arpeggio on the Mandolin

This lesson will show you how to work through the D Major arpeggio in one, two, and three octaves. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbb-gu9_Vfk
  9. Replies
    Views

Chris Henry: Mandolinist and Monroe Stylist

I finally extracted this video from my Facebook timeline. It's an impromptu jam between Chris Henry and Blaine Sprouse on Bill Monroe's birthday in 2014 while members of Peter Rowan's Bluegrass band...
  10. Thread: No Way!

by journeybear
    Replies
    Views

Re: No Way!

I imagine the presence of that enormous pipe in the picture, and what may be in it, speaks volumes. ;)

I don't agree with your points regarding the public perception of the seriousness of the...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: I want another mandolin but, ...

1. I sometimes wonder why moderate expenditures -- up to a few hundred dollars -- by one spouse, have to be "approved" by the other spouse. I don't look over my wife's shoulder to see what she's...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: I want another mandolin but, ...

The problem is that you asked. It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Beginner here. Need Help

Developing a scheduled routine is sometimes the most efficient and effective way to progress. In my opinion, you will make the best progress if you make time for (1) scheduled, focused practice...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Interesting crosspicking video

15. Replies
    Views

Prohibition Swing Club

Saw this posted on a Facebook group.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdRZGCfhyRw
  16. nice mandolin in this Mandolin Orange video

is this the Kimble?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1fY-23ffl0
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Prairie Home Companion reviews

Loved the live stream show tonight. As a long time fan of Prairie Home I think Chris Thile is a great choice as host. Not a replacement for Garrison mind you, who could do that? But instead a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: 2016 Anaheim NAMM Show

Didn't go to the Gibson area. They always locate in a remote spot upstairs because, well, they're Gibson, so they have to do something to stick out differently it seems. I think it rarely works and...
  19. Replies
    Views

Bedside Mandolining

I brought one of my mandos to the hospital recently to play at the bedside of my 85-year-old mother who's in there right now. Had to play very quietly of course. It was late night (about 2 am) but...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone else window shop on here?

The great thing about looking at the classifieds, it doesn't cost me one cent. I love my Weber Yellowstone and I love my wife (of 45 years) but, I still like to look. :whistling:
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone else window shop on here?

I'm completely compulsive about keeping up with the classifieds, especially the gibsons. it's not just a matter of MAS, but a matter of learning.I love looking at mandolins and studying them,current...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Wallet

Hi Zeek, I made sure the action was dialed in before it was sent. :-)
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: New Years Resolutions

So that's for 2015. But what about 2016? :grin:

I shall continue to make comments on esoteric threads about gadgets and beliefs which ignore the laws of physics, and I promise that I won't get...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Holiday mandolin goodies?

Here is a pic of the shirt

25. Replies
    Views

Re: The Beatles for Solo Mandolin

I received my copy the day before yesterday, and this evening found the time to leaf through the book. I had the sudden inspiration to try one of the arrangements on my tenor banjo tuned CGDA, but...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3