Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Registration has ended! We'll be in the process...

Registration has ended! We'll be in the process of selecting our 10 winning entries now and then the process of contacting them. May take awhile.
  2. Replies
    Views

Filling Behind a Singer

Here is a video on how to start playing fill phrases behind a singer. These are very simple lines but give you an idea of how to fill.

https://youtu.be/a0uGhufbKxQ

PDF file here: 180597
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull plays a Duff octave mandolin

If anyone is interested, I transcribed that video for my own practice (and in preparation for the Heiden Octave I should be getting any day now).

Spencer
  4. Re: Introducing Duo Mantar, guitar and mandolin duo

Saw this duo in Sterling, VA last evening. The duo played contemporary music from Israel, as mentioned above. It wasn’t a toe tapping concert but it was so refreshing to not hear Vivaldi. Musical...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: What instrument is the hardest? My experience

I used to play the Zu Zitter Carzay and the Trum Tupers. Very difficult. You don't see them much except in the Whoville area
  6. Replies
    Views

Late 30s Regal/Wards F hole archtop

I know this instrument will not set pulses racing- it is a pressed top mandolin sold by Wards- my guess being priced about $9 in 1939. It dates from the late 30s...
  7. Replies
    Views

Abbey Road Medley - Bluegrass Style

We celebrated Abbey Road's 50th anniversary with this medley - enjoy!

baOt-oBYgUA
  8. Introducing Duo Mantar, guitar and mandolin duo

Received this from Jacob Reuven and Adam Levin who don't frequent the Cafe in person as much and am sharing for them.

I want to take a moment to formally introduce the mandolin community...
  9. Introducing Duo Mantar: Jacob Reuven, Mandolin;Adam Levin, Guitar

Good Morning Mandolin and Plucked Instrument Friends:
    I want to take a moment to formally introduce the mandolin community to our new group, Duo Mantar, which is comprised of Israeli Mandolinist,...
  10. Replies
    Views

Finally done!

I restored this old Kay for a dear friend of mine. His dad played it back in the 60-70s. At some point the neck block was broken. A band mate “repaired” the neck by filling it full of glue and...
  11. Re: Article: Waterloo Mandolin Giveaway Registration Start Date A

OK, we've made contact. Tom S. is definitely in Massachusetts, said he's badly in need of a backup mandolin. Thanks to everyone that joined in. Sorry there couldn't be 6,586 winners. Look for another...
  12. Re: Article: Waterloo Mandolin Giveaway Registration Start Date A

Congrats Tom S!
  13. We have emailed the winning entry. Congrats...

We have emailed the winning entry.

Congrats Tom S. who appears to be in Massachusetts. Yes, there are about 5 other Tom S. entrants, but only the one we emailed is the winner of course.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: My prim tamburitza arrived

Here is my most recent recording with the bisernica as well as a kantele I built from a kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7AvHq3BgzM
  15. Replies
    Views

Lily In The Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQztis0lxW0
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: 'When Mandolins Dream' Notation and Tab

Quick fix, in measure 23 the correct fingering is the 2nd finger for the first D note on the A string instead of using the first finger (silly little slip up when inputting numbers, argh)
  17. Replies
    Views

'When Mandolins Dream' Notation and Tab

Hey everybody! It has been a while since I last posted here but thought I would post a new transcription that I just got done with.

Here is the video link I transcribed the fingerings from:
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Thumb Pick

I once thought about doing that-using thumbpicks. My skin chemistry is such that picks of all sorts get super slippery. Some say BlueChip picks get grippy when warm. Not for me. Still slippery.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Actually on the bench , a travel training mando
    sides are removable for going in a little bag , it goes with a shadow undersaddle piezo pickup , a guitar amplifier and a 9 volts battery
    tuners are...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: My prim tamburitza arrived

Sorry to add so long after the OP.

1993 Tamburitza Hall of Famer - Walt Naglich sells tamburitza strings: naglichstrings@aol.com or you can call him @ 724-838-7615

Tamburitza Luthier as well. ...
  21. Re: Anyone know of a website or app that will display all chord n

Here's a chart I made for my students that has the whole ball of wax on one page.
  22. Replies
    Views

My prim tamburitza arrived

Picking up from where this thread left off. The instrument seems to have been well cared for and probably minimally played, there are some places where the finish looks foggy or dry. It has a nice...