Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Duffy "Duck" Mandolin

He used Duck #1 on Acts 1, 2 and 3 as well as the Old Train lp
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Dempsey Youngs Hutto

And thats not a very good one. Ive played that mando yrs ago and to this day it stands out as one of those deserted island mandos. What I remember most besides the sound was it was a dream to play....
  3. Re: Why was Earl Scruggs style of 3-finger banjo so special?

And please dont forget Earls 3 fingered guitar playing on all those Gospel songs...Now I just opened another can of worms. As far as I know he was the pioneer in this sound as well. Ah..Pick it Earl.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: cool tunes that no one plays at jams

SugarHill by Dawg..another bflat tune.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Curative Talk For a True Life - Discussion

One needs to read Butch Robbins' book as well ..he offers some insight on the Monroe persona.
  6. Replies
    Views

Not a Loar but a 20 something fern. Last I knew...

Not a Loar but a 20 something fern. Last I knew Ricky Wasson who plays with Crowe was in ownership of it. I played it a few years ago at IMBA. When I played with Mike Lilly and Harley Allen in the...
  7. Replies
    Views

..very, very nice....you should be proud.

..very, very nice....you should be proud.
  8. Replies
    Views

Michael Cleveland plays a pretty mean mando...

Michael Cleveland plays a pretty mean mando although hes primarely a fiddle picker.
  9. Replies
    Views

I played one a few years ago at SPBGMA....I was...

I played one a few years ago at SPBGMA....I was impressed with it..it had the thump....and the fit and finish was pretty good too...
  10. Replies
    Views

Wait A Minute B Wait a Gflat minute did...

Wait A Minute

B Wait a Gflat minute did I C#minor hear you say you're E going far B away again
    Try to Gflat change it I can't C#minor take the lonely nights without your Gflat love

B...
  11. Replies
    Views

..Ive got some great stories about Kieth....he...

..Ive got some great stories about Kieth....he was a good friend of mine...some good, some bad..all memorable. Keith was the type of drinker that when he wasnt drinkin you would have swore he had...
  12. Replies
    Views

possibly a Spurgeon strap....its a bigger braid...

possibly a Spurgeon strap....its a bigger braid than a 'Roo strap...I got to play this puppy while at SPBGMA....it was the best Gibson there as far as I was concerned....