Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Combo Mando /Fiddle Case - Not Too Heavy

I’ve owned several fiddle/mando combo cases. They all tend to be pretty heavy and bulky in my opinion. I think separate cases work best.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Kalamazoo MAS

3. Replies
    Views

Re: A Style “Holy Grail?

I have owned several Nuggets (10 if I count 2 Collings/Nuggets) 1 two point, 2 F5’s, and 7 A5’s, And have played dozens. My current one (#294 A5 Deluxe) is my all time favorite.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: I would like to find a beater

Sorry, the chair has sold.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb Scams

Also, when buying, don’t fall for paying with PayPal “Family and Friends “ . At best, it only benefits the seller, and it leaves you wide open to be scammed.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Musty Smell in the case and mandolin.

I just treated a case with my cpap cleaning machine. It puts out ozone. I used the CPAP hose and put it inside the case with all the compartments open and put it in a big garbage bag. I ran the...
  7. Re: violin buying question to you trusted cafe goers (NMC)

Royce Burt for sure. He does great work, his fiddles are fantastic, and his prices are very reasonable. There’s one in the classifieds now for 795. I’d jump on it myself if I didn’t already have 5 of...
  8. Re: 1920 Gibson A $500 today only needs repair

75.00 was high for shipping, probably about double. I think some sellers inflate shipping to pad their profit margin. I took that into consideration when I made my low ball offer.
  9. Re: 1920 Gibson A $500 today only needs repair

I used hide glue in all the cracks, etc.
  10. Re: 1920 Gibson A $500 today only needs repair

Quick follow up. I got it on Friday. After some thought and a consultation with my friend Charley Nelson, I decided not to spend any more money on it, but instead, fix it as good as possible myself....
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Who makes a good Fiddle/Mandolin case?

Jeff,
    I now longer have it. I think it’s living in Alaska now. Gary Price told me that he used the shell from what he calls “the flying wedge” banjo case. I sold it since I no longer travel. I think...
  12. Re: 1920 Gibson A $500 today only needs repair

I offered $225. and it was accepted.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: I'm amazed by the Tone Gard

I agree. I have 2 that were given to me, and they are stashed away in a closet. I do agree that they change the tone, but my Nugget does just fine on its own.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Best all time Inlay's

Nugget
  15. Re: Shove that Pigs Foot a Little Farther into the Fire

Excellent
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Who makes a good Fiddle/Mandolin case?

This is my double case made by Gary Price. He calls it the flying wedge.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: AP stamp on Kalamazoo KM11?

I have owned six of them, none had that marking.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Classifieds - Best Payment Options

I totally agree. It’s worth 3% extra for the protection. I also use a credit card through PayPal for double protection.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin armrests - Yes, No, Type?

I’ve playing mandolin for 45 years. Never used one, or felt the need for it. But to each his own, some people like all the extra gadgets. I don’t think it will affect your playing either way.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: No motivation

Do you read music (notation)? If you do, work on sight reading and try some of the more difficult stuff like Bach cello suites, etc. . If you don’t read music, why not work on learning to? There’s...
  21. Re: Kalamazoo Mandolin Mystery--zippier sound hole binding

Yes, I bought another one that I couldn’t live without ��
  22. Re: Kalamazoo Mandolin Mystery--zippier sound hole binding

23. Re: Kalamazoo Mandolin Mystery--zippier sound hole binding

Nice looking Kalamazoo. I currently have 4 km11’s , 2 of the early square peghead versions and 2 with the “rooftop” peghead. One of the rooftops has a fixed bridge, the other has an adjustable...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Why do people only sell the great ones?

Judge Judy calls it “puffing”
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Position playing or shifting?

Grisman and Thile use their 4th finger all the time. I’d say that they are “advanced” players.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4