Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando and Fiddle duo's

Thanks lowtone - those videos were exactly the kind of stuff I was looking for. I love the sound of mando and fiddle paired. I'm surprised you can't find more of that kind of stuff on YouTube
  2. Re: Post a picture of your Blue Grass jam you attend

Here are a couple group shots of our gang in Myrtle Beach, SC. Sometimes Bluegrass, sometimes Old-Time, sometimes Folk, always fun! Looking forward to pickin’ with the gang today.
  3. Now I know what a Cittern is. (New Cittern Day)

I was walking by a pawn shop today and I thought I saw a bouzouki in the window. I went inside to check it out and since it had 10 strings, I had no idea what it was.

Turns out it was a Lark in...
  4. Re: Any Members In Northern South Carolina? Southern North Caroli

I'm down in Myrtle Beach. We've got a small crew getting together ( @longbayfolksociety - www.longbayfolksociety.com ) on Sunday afternoon at Huntington Beach State Park around 2. Might be able to...
  5. Re: Who is a member/board member of a local BG/OT/Folk Society?

Thanks for the input, some great info here to consider.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A-50?

Thanks for the responses. I reached out to the seller but it had already been sold. MAS cured again by outside forces.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman MD315/MD515 vs Kentucky KM750

I’ve had a 515 for a few years. It was an upgrade from my first cheap mando. I had every intention of selling it to pay for my Northfield F5S upgrade, but it is just too good of a mandolin to part...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage Gibson Playability

I recently bought a '21 A Jr which sounds and plays exactly like I hoped it would. The flat fret board doesn't bother me. It does take me a song or two to get use to the small frets after switching...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite mandolin playing beverage?

Mando Esq, you and I would get along just fine, but I’d have to rotate between Woodford, Basil Hayden and Blanton’s. Let’s get our 515’s together and pick.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Herschel Sizemore passes

I was at the Alan Bibey camp and Alan paid a great tribute to Herschel and also played a rippin' version of Rebecca.

Does anybody know where I can stream Mandolin in B?
  11. Re: Looking for recommendations on a ‘20’s Gibson oval A

1921 Gibson A Jr Paddle Head for the win!

The ‘24 snakehead arrived first and was in near mint condition for a nearly 100 year old instrument. It had newish...
  12. Re: Looking for recommendations on a ‘20’s Gibson oval A

I guess they call it a Mandolin Acquisition Syndrome because sometimes you might acquire more than one at a time. 1921 A Jr & 1924 A Jr. Do you think my wife would notice that I got two? They look...
  13. Thread: eastman

by Trader Todd
    Replies
    Views

Re: eastman

I bought a 515 from the classifieds when I started to get serious about my playing. I think it is a ‘13 or ‘14. It sounds and plays great. Shortly after buying it I bought an 815 which I thought...
  14. Re: Thoughts on an Eastman MD-515 Mandolin as a first scroll

[QUOTE=adam e;1867287]I recently got a varnish 515 and it's really quite good. It probably actually sounds better than my Northfield Big Mon

I upgraded to a 515 from a The Loar, then immediately...
  15. Re: Old-Time/String Band/Bluegrass-ish Jam in Myrtle Beach

Hey all! We are still here picking and grinning in the Carolina Lowcountry. If you find yourself in the Myrtle Beach area, look us up. We gather about once a month. Stay healthy and stay in tune!
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Valley Forge arrangement?

Been picking away at this one, and so far it sounds like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEBqgTq9f54Backing track by Mark at Bluegrass Backing Tracks. ...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Northfield F5S

Congrats, that's a beauty. I sure do love mine, but blonde's might have more fun...
  18. Re: Torn between 2 mandolins. / Eastman serial number question?

I'm not sure about the serial numbers, when I bought my MD515 from the classifieds, I sent an email to Eastman and they dated it for me. I upgraded the mandolin for a Northfield with the intention of...
  19. Old-Time/String Band/Bluegrass-ish Jam in Myrtle Beach

It's hard finding acoustic old-time/folk/bluegrass/Americana nerds in the Myrtle Beach, SC area, but I've finally put a small group together. If you are in the area and interested in jamming let me...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Music in Charleston and St Augustine

I'm an hour and half up the road in Myrtle Beach if you land in Charleston. I have a small group that gets together second to last Sunday of the month for a hybrid old time/bluegrass/Americana jam....
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: $1000 Budget - What should I get?

When I was shopping in that price point, I got an Eastman 515. Great mando, I love it. Bought it here on the classifieds. I was supposed to sell it to finance my Northfield but it is such a great...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Jerry's Birthday Gig

Thanks for sharing. Long live the Days Between!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Still here, woodshedding away. Trying to build a repertoire, some technique and a smile. Comments and inspiration always welcome. Hope everybody is staying healthy and productive.

24. Replies
    Views

Re: How much do you practice?

About a hour a day on the weekdays and probably 2 one hour sessions on the weekend. I'm trying to be more focused on practice and setting goals. Working on about 2 fiddle tunes a month. I should be...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Moving along with my 2020 Mandolin Project, here's Blackberry Blossom live from TikiKaNTiNa (READ: my garage). Feedback, tips and pointers always welcome, I'm trying to get better. Stand Strong and...
Page 1 of 2 1 2