Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: German folk songs

I cannot agree without reservation. I suppose, Gelsenbury, your hometown in Germany is Gelsenkirchen :). I live only a few kilometers away from you in Dorsten. The Ruhr-District is a melting pot and...
  2. Re: Gibson copper strings for A-style mandolin - micrometering

Sorry for the confusion, Ivan, the strings on the mandolin are new ones. When I bought it, it had the same vintage strings as in the package. Yes, it is a very nice instrument - built in 1916 -with a...
  3. Replies
    Views

Gibson F-5G and Eastman MD-304 on an Irish tune

member Harper posted her arrangement of an old irish tune in this threat.

I am often unsure to decide which mandolin sounds best for some kind of music and so I record the tune and would be...
  4. Re: Mandolin and Tenor Uke arr of Pastheen Fionn (Irish Air)

Thanks a lot for this lovely tune. I recorded it to compare two of my mandolins in this kind of music.

https://soundcloud.com/leo-dilemma/an-paistin-fion-eastman-md-304
  5. Replies
    Views

Eastman MD305 - modified

Here are some pics showing my MD305. I like this budget mandolin and so I decided to spend some hours to give it a silky shine polish. I shouldn't look like a new gloss finish, more as a vintage...
  6. Thread: my first video

by Leo37
    Replies
    Views

my first video

wow, its done!

So much people here make fine videos with perfect sound. And me? don't know how.

Yesterday I started after downloading Audition 3.0 to multitrack the Minuet from
    the...
  7. Replies
    Views

my new old mandolin ...

Hello to all,

my name is Leo and this is my first posting here.

So I would like to tell you something about me. 61 years old and since nearly 50 years a guitar player. Later I add saxophone,...