Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. They’ve got all the jams! :)

They’ve got all the jams!

:)
  2. Article: Photo Shoot: John Reischman and the Jaybirds in Calgary,

You can view the page at https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content/810-Photo-Shoot-John-Reischman-and-the-Jaybirds-in-Calgary-Canada
  3. Replies
    Views

New Nava Archtop Mandolin

Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to show you my latest archtop mandolin; black walnut and Sitka.
    If you’re interested here’s a link to the YouTube playlist of the videos I made whilst building it.
    Keep safe....
  4. NMD Girouard Concert A5 (pictures and a video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUu6j2OxMGM

During the pandemic I've sold off and replaced every instrument I owned. Retooling everything to suit what I want to do? An ADHD...
  5. Replies
    Views

Ukrainian Pub Folk with Mandolin

Been a while since I posted anything on this forum, but one of my bands just released a new song with me playing the mandolin. I think it turned out pretty well, so I wanted to share :)
  6. Feedbacks on my F Mandolin and complete gear :)

Hi there, :)
    I’m new here, even if I’ve been reading the forum for several years now :)
    It did help me a lot with finding information and good feedbacks.
    That’s why I wanted to share (back) to you...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Big Mon Engleman or Red Spruce?

I'm a little slow getting back to this thread. I sold my F9 Gibson and bought the Engleman top Big Mon. I was a little worried about buying and not being able to hear it first. Although I did hear it...
  8. John Monteleone "The Chisels Are Calling" movie trailer

Some of our mando greats are featured:

http://streetsingerproductions.com/the-chisels-are-calling/
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

In The Masters Bench, the book from the National Music Museum on the work of John D'Angelico, Jimmy D'Aquisto and Paul Gudelsky, there is a sketch by D'Aquisto of an idea for an Avant Garde model...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: A style Kimble, Heiden or ...

I cant say enough about my Kimble A5 #122. It gets as much playing time as the Gil A3 #539 which is saying a lot. The Heiden's I have played feel like butter in my hands but to my ears don't project...
  11. Replies
    Views

I have to agree with Shaun.... its a Heiden for me!!
  12. Replies
    Views

Funny, after reading this thread and commenting that my Fern has kept my Kimble MAS at bay, what did I do but find a Kimble A5 #280 for sale at North American Guitar and ordered it! Sheesh! It should...
  13. MP3 of the Day - Suffering Sucotash by The Foggy Hogtown Boys fro

MP3 of the Day

From the Mandolin Cafe MP3 Library.

Song title: Suffering Sucotash
    By: Suffering Sucotash by The Foggy Hogtown Boys from the album Northern White Clouds
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of your Gilchrist

Here’s my F-4 jr. I love that it doesn’t have an inlay, just the logo etched into the headstock, makes it a bit less conspicuous. Absolutely my favorite oval hole, and about half the cost of his...
  15. Replies
    Views

I've owned a Kimble, Heiden, and still own a Duff. It has stuck around since 2017 when I bought it new. I think Paul's A style mandolins are really great. I preferred the Kimble to the Heiden I had...
  16. Re: Looking for some insight into microtonal mandolin

Maybe I should rephrase......I understand the mechanics of it. But why is this pleasing to the ear? Flynn is a great musician and I enjoy his music. But this isn’t listenable for me.
  17. Replies
    Views

My favourite things.

Inspired by a post on another forum.

Feel free to add or jeer or cheer.

Thile and Sam bush and jethro on fire
    Epis and washburns Sounding higher, higher
    Now it’s all done the feeling...
  18. Thread: Wienman F-5

by Joe Parker
    Replies
    Views

Wienman F-5

193114193113It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here but wanted to share a couple of pics of the new Wienman I ordered and picked up on Thursday. Wes and Will were a pleasure to work with and this one...
  19. Thread: Wind

by Jozef
    Replies
    Views

Wind

From my album La Mando, dedicated to the mandola. ~o)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kl5xUe6yE8
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Taking up (a) Mandolin

I think 'took up' is possibly too understated a phrase for what you've taken on, or maybe what's taken you on :) It sounds a bit like 'I took up knitting to give my hands something to do while while...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Taking up (a) Mandolin

Well, along with JeffD, Allen, and pops!, I took up mandolin a looong time ago. I'll wager, back before you were born. I was amid my teen years, and it was a bit of a fluke, a happy bit of...
  22. Replies
    Views

latest Ludewig 2 point

This one left this afternoon for Olympia, WA. Sorry the pictures aren't better. This is the first 2 pt. ff-hole I've made. Red spruce, red maple. It sounds just fine.
  23. Replies
    Views

I never played a Heiden but I love my Kimble two pointer.
  24. Replies
    Views

I own a Kimble A5 and used to own a Kimble Oval. I sold my Kimble Oval to someone on this thread. Who shall rename nameless lest I expose his extreme case of g.a.s.! I do regret selling it sometimes...
  25. Replies
    Views

Taking up (a) Mandolin

I like this expression. I like rolling it around in my head and thinking about it.

I was moving along through my life, and a mandolin happened. I took it up into my hands, and my life changed...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4