Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Would appreciate some opinions please.

Agree totally, there is nothing like playing an instrument, having it in your hand and get the feel of it, to see if you like it.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Rubner tuners

3. Replies
    Views

Rubner tuners

Visited with Michael Heiden yesterday in Creston B.C. who had ordered a set of Rubner
    tuners for me.
    The existing tuners gave me problems, I always spend a long time tuning and re-tuning,I did put...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Need Help Progressing

Sleep at night with a good mandolin book on your head and in the morning you can play all the tunes like Chris Thile:mandosmiley:
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Resisting the "Iron Maiden"

I also spend one year in high school in a marching band, my timing has always been accurate since, although I still practice
    with a metronome.
    Foot tapping: I have seen people in jams foot tapping...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin to fiddle (again)

Nothing is as bad as a poorly played fiddle, except perhaps bagpipes.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite Mando Christmas Tunes

https://rolandwhite.com/god_rest_ye_video.htm
  8. Thread: Picks

by peterleyenaar
    Replies
    Views

Re: Picks

I have Wegen picks, Primestone picks, Dunlop picks, and a variety of others, somehow, I always seem to drift back to my Blue Chip pick.
  9. An incredible evening of Cape Breton music and dance

An evening in Inverness, Cape Breton Isl.

Very long and you will want to skip through the commercial contend.
    No mandolin , mostly fiddle, guitar, piano, singing and dancing, Some of the best...
  10. Re: Working on tremelos. Good trick or am I cheating myself?

Add Sam Bush , Mike Compton, John Reischman, Sharon Gilchrist, and many others with mostly arm tremolo.
    I have long puzzled about arm or wrist or a combination, I ended up getting nice tremelo with...
  11. Replies
    Views

Duelling Banjos

https://youtu.be/44KwFw1BV5k
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Slower is faster

The best way for me to play a tune faster is to know it well, play it clean and in time with a metronome, (having played it hundreds of times), from there,increase the speed by a few (2 or 3) bpm...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Slower is faster

Quote by a well known Nashville musician, "they are playing too darn fast, can't hear the music"
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Practicing and tv

That is the way I practice and watch T.V. , frquently I get more absorbed in playing/practising and miss most of whatever is on the program.

Practicing scales, arpegios , tremelo and/or simple...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Expensive mandolins

Good musicians can make not so good instruments sound good, not so good musicians need good instruments to sound good:)
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Expensive mandolins

Great story,Great wife
  17. Replies
    Views

Expensive mandolins

Who buys the truly expensive mandolins say $8000 and up, mostly professional musicians ?, investors ?

In the classical world, it is not unusual for a professional violinist who plays in an...
  18. Re: Found my Bluechip pick after about 3 months M.I.A

You are probably right, I usually have some music books laying around, sometimes the dogs need quick attention and I don't have time to store the pick in the strings as I normally do and I quickly...
  19. Re: Found my Bluechip pick after about 3 months M.I.A

Roger, you don't have to buy a Bluechip pick, I have found that Dunlop's Primetone rounded picks sound and feel very similar to Bluechip picks at a fraction of the cost.
  20. Found my Bluechip pick after about 3 months M.I.A

Unbelievable!, found my Bluechip TPR45 after missing it for about 3 months.
    looked everywhere , all over the house on hands and knees, pulled all the cushions from
    the couch and chairs, thinking I...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Cheering during live performance

Thank you for telling me what to do and what not to do, btw, bold print is the equivalent of shouting
  22. Replies
    Views

Cheering during live performance

Don't you wish people would refrain from cheering, whistling, yelling, whooping hollering
    during a live performance untill the last note has died, it doesn't add to the performance, the exception is...
  23. Re: MIKE COMPTON, A GREAT PERSON, Old Devils Dream

A bit of a messed up post , just ignore the attached thumbnails
    Old Devils Dream164795
  24. Re: MIKE COMPTON, A GREAT PERSON, Old Devils Dream

Hi Bob, I certainly will, however I have to get Mike's permission ,before I put it on this thread.
  25. MIKE COMPTON, A GREAT PERSON, Old Devils Dream

Mike Compton is one of my favourite Musician/mandolin players, especialy his work with
    John Hartford and his outstanding playing with The Nashville Bluegrass Band.

Mike is also a kind and...
Page 1 of 2 1 2