Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Afraid to play for others - advice?

I'm having the same problems. My first public venue was at a nursing home. The pressure is low because not all the audience is awake. The few that are alert enough to really listen will appreciate...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: multiple instruments

Mastery on a single instrument is not my goal. I get more pleasure if I focus on achievable short term goals. The process of playing music is my immediate goal; Here/Now, as in "oh, this is a very...
  3. Replies
    Views

Muineira de Pontesampaio

A nice one I'm working on. Don't have it perfect yet, but I decided not to stress about it.
    6I1Q3dXD6G0
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Theme Vannetaise

Very nice tune. Can you provide a link to sheet music?

opps... never mind. I found it at TheSession
  5. Replies
    Views

Good slower music

I'm working on accurate technique, and have no business playing fast yet. While I have learned some songs that are meant to be played fast, there is always the 'but' that limits my feeling of...
  6. Replies
    Views

Your brain on improv

I'm interested in learning how our brains work, and there is a lot of interesting new science. This TED talk introduces a new study investigating the different parts of the brain that are involved...
  7. Calace:Variations on a theme by Beethoven

I think this is quite special.

O70ajArdsY4
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: practicing in private

I had a real mouthy young Arab that liked to create noise. He would bang on feed tubs rhythmically, and would pull on stretched high tensile wire repeatedly to make it twang. So one day I brought...
  9. Replies
    Views

Ordered a Colling's MT O !

I was telling my Mom about all the great help I've been getting from this forum, and how I'm focused on getting a better mandolin when I sell some stuff. The sound bites available on the internet...
  10. Re: The next time you are asked to play for free....

I recently read a really good book,Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, by Daniel H. Pink. Might be germane to those pondering issues about being paid money for art.

He points out...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: celtic jig picking patterns

The whole thread has me a bit worried. I've never thought about proper picking patterns. It's a totally unconscious thing for me. I tried to be aware of the pattern of picking for a few tunes, and...