Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: O'Brien, McCoury, Thile - Bluegrass Stomp

Yes.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: I knew it would happen eventually....

Oh how I long for the days & nights when musicians were ugly! Not "Hollywood Ugly" but FUGLY. There was no doubt where their skill set resided. Funny thing is, the more I listened to the wonderful...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Gospel & Piano Bass Line

That's a GREAT idea! I like to start with the melody then the bass line but it hadn't occurred to me to look at the vocal bass line. Thank-you Mr. Hopkins.
    ~o)
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Punch Brothers- Movement and Location

I know it's banjo but these guys have been taking it far beyond for quite some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrlpFA5BbuU
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile on Jimmy Fallon

It seems odd to me how many folks really don't like Chris Thile AND have to tell people they don't! It doesn't bother me, to each their own but it seems strange---as if they are defining themselves...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman MD 515 vs Kentucky KM 805

Whenever I see these "vs" threads a little picture pops up in my head of 2 mandolins duke-ing it out, you know, mando y mando. :grin:

Enjoy your mandolin whichever one sings to you best.
  7. Replies
    Views

Chris Thile Show Columbus Ohio

Disclaimer: I apologize, I was up late last night and I could not find the thread this morning which is dedicated to people posting about their experiences with CT's current tour. Please feel free...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: The Thile Solo Bach Tour - Live, Fall of 2013

I get to hear him Oct 14 at the 925 seat Southern Theater in Columbus Ohio. I suppose Mr. Monroe would say that ain't no part of nothin' but I think it's great! I've got Row H seat(s)1 & 3, right...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Wet or Dry? Recorded mandolin tones..

I think it is permitted to do this, I don't consider this a "commercial site" plus I'm not putting the whole thing here.

Obviously this is related to pickups BUT it's a great start to codifying...